Current programs?

Options
I just started ChaLean Extreme today (3/30/12). I'm in week 5 of Insanity and I "paused" TurboFire to focus totally on Insanity. I was going back and forth, but I wanted to feel like I was closer to completing Insanity. What programs are you doing and how far in are you?

Replies

• ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I just started Power 90, on day 3 and I love it so far. After my 90 days on this, I will hit P90x.
  • sweetiedd
    Options
    Chalean Extreme...
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Sweetie, what circuit are you in, in Chalean?
    Ianconway, is P90 your first beachbody program? You'll have to keep us updated on how its going? Did you need any equipment for P90 other than resistance bands?
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been using Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs. Yes, I do think they are somewhat corny, but the intensity was perfect for me as I haven't exercised in years. I LOVE the ballet and ab workouts. I'm feeling I'm ready to move on though to something tougher. I've heard people talk about P90x and others you mentioned. I didn't realize they were Beach Body programs. Compared to Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs what is the intensity level like in their other programs. I'm wondering because I have a medical condition and have to be careful about how quickly I increase the intensity of my workouts.

Just a comment about the "corny" moves. I was thoroughly embarrassed to do these videos in front of anyone. My husband and kids had to leave the room. I realized as I continued using the videos that the "corny" moves were actually great for my mom of 3 body. They put a lot of focus into all those areas that childbearing destroys. The Hatha Yoga sessions at the end have also been great for me. I suffer from migraines and exercise can be a trigger. The intense stretching left me feeling great after most of my workouts. I only had minimal problems with exercise induced migraines.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ianconway, is P90 your first beachbody program? You'll have to keep us updated on how its going? Did you need any equipment for P90 other than resistance bands?

It is my first Beachbody Program. The kit came with a starter Resistance Band, which after doing a few reps with it, you can definitely fill it. I can maybe see once I get to Phase 3-4, I may want to get some free weights, but right now the resistance band is good. :)
  • AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I just started Power 90, on day 3 and I love it so far. After my 90 days on this, I will hit P90x.

I ordered Power 90 a while ago but they just sent me the shipping into. I should have it on the 6th and I will be starting it then. I started a group for it and other girl ordered it too. How is it so far? I plan on working my way up the program as well.
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 59
    Options
    I just ordered P90x and am looking forward to starting as soon as it arrives. In the meantime, I'm doing pilates and running on my treadmill so I can get an April 1 start. I also have hip hop abs. I love to dance, so it's a fun work out for me.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    I've been using Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs. Yes, I do think they are somewhat corny, but the intensity was perfect for me as I haven't exercised in years. I LOVE the ballet and ab workouts. I'm feeling I'm ready to move on though to something tougher. I've heard people talk about P90x and others you mentioned. I didn't realize they were Beach Body programs. Compared to Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs what is the intensity level like in their other programs. I'm wondering because I have a medical condition and have to be careful about how quickly I increase the intensity of my workouts.

Just a comment about the "corny" moves. I was thoroughly embarrassed to do these videos in front of anyone. My husband and kids had to leave the room. I realized as I continued using the videos that the "corny" moves were actually great for my mom of 3 body. They put a lot of focus into all those areas that childbearing destroys. The Hatha Yoga sessions at the end have also been great for me. I suffer from migraines and exercise can be a trigger. The intense stretching left me feeling great after most of my workouts. I only had minimal problems with exercise induced migraines.

Hey, its nothing wrong with the corny moves if they get the job done. I just couldn't take it seriously enough to keep doing it. But I love Shaun T, he and Chalene are my favorite trainers. P90X is supposed to really intense, but its more weight and strength training, than intense cardio training I believe. P90 is the older version, so I'm sure that's not as intense as P90X. Beachbody has a new program called Tai Cheng, its low impact. It has more to do with healing movement, strengthening your core, improving joint mechanics. You should check it out and see if that's something that may be beneficial to you. TurboJam is what I did before TurboFire. Thats less intense than Insanity and TurboFire. Check the website and explore some of the programs and see you think may be a good fit for your next step.

How did you like Yoga Booty Ballet?
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Starting Day 1 of Insanity Asylum today. I did 4 weeks of Insanity and stopped because I got bored so I down graded to a 30 day program.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Starting Day 1 of Insanity Asylum today. I did 4 weeks of Insanity and stopped because I got bored so I down graded to a 30 day program.

Got bored, lol. I was starting to feel that way too, which is why 1 or 2 weeks in I started going back and forth between TurboFire and Insanity. You only had 30 days left, the recovery week is a nice break and I'm only 2 days into the 2nd month and he introduces some new moves. When you get into Asylum, let us know how you're doing!
  • Pearl0105
    Pearl0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 of Insanity tomorrow. This time am committed to stick with it till the end!

LETS GO!!!!!!!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    YBB is my favorite. I would alternate the two workouts on the disk everyday. I thought it was strange that they labeled them as different levels. I didn't feel one was harder than the other. They just work different muscle groups. The ballet is amazing. Unfortunately, my kiddos scratched the disk and it won't play anymore. So, for now I only have Hip Hop Abs. I also have Cardio Cabaret, but I don't really like that one.
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to complete Chalean Extreme in the next three months. I will be starting Burn Circuit 1 tonight. I'm also starting a 30 day challenge with my Beachbody coach. Hopefully it give me a big push in motivation. I've had this program for three years and have yet to complete it.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    You can do it Pazzion!
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just started Chalean Extreme and Turbofire hybrid. I was a Beachbody coach until life intervened, so I've tried pretty much all of their offerings, but since I stopped really exercising about two years ago and really packed on the pounds I decided to focus down to just two workouts I know I really like. Just finished my first workout tonight, and it was the first workout I've actually completed from start to finish in probably 18 months! Small victory, but I'm proud.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I'm currently on week 3 of chalean extreme, week 1 of p90x and I'm starting turbofire next week! :] So excited! I love chalean extreme and p90x! And I'm super excited to see what kind of results I will see by the 4th of july! :]
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Wow Fitness, you should be ripped by the 4th!
  • MandiB79
    MandiB79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I love the cardio ShaunT gives me, but I missed the Weight training with Tony when I tried to stick with solely Insanity. I've been on a plateau lately- but that is definitly due to some poor eating choices. I'm hoping my membership here will help with that! :)
  • kaley_x86
    kaley_x86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity last night. Has anyone gone through the program already? I've been using MFP to track calories, but should I change and do their nutrition program? If anyone has any tips or advice, feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the help I can get haha