First HIIT workout

Options
So I did HIIT 15 today and man, I thought that I was gonna die :) I guess that means that I pushed it. Question though, on HIIT days is that all you do for workout or do you do something else too?

Replies

• seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    HIITs are amazing aren't they?!?! During my first HIIT 15 I almost cried. I thought that there we went through it only 3 times, not 9! I felt like I was going to die! But they get better over time. The first few weeks you only do the HIITS. But eventually you will add tone and strength afterwards.
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I remember my first HIIT! It was horrible! I sweated more after than I did during the whole thing! Yikes! I just did HIIT 25 last night, and literally couldn't catch my breath! Loved the feeling afterwards though!
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yea those HIITs are amazing. I am in month 2 so no HIIT's on the schedule for me. Only the fire drills that come between the classes.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    HIIT are good and rough! Especially HIIT 25 with all of that jumping. My legs are usually on FIRE!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! love the HIITs too!!!! well done girl...:o)
  • MSP222
    MSP222 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im not following the schedule because I find it easier to do what I have time for. Most of this week has been 45 EZ but this morning my time was limited so I ran round the woods with the dogs then came back and Popped in HIIT 15 to finish followed by a quick stretch before shower/work. Love them xx
  • Trinichica
    Trinichica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tuesday gone was my first HIIT workout HIIT 15. I wrote this in e-mail to my friend. "At the end of these workouts you feel a heat in your throat and lungs and your mind tells you at any moment you are sure you can exhale fire.......it sounds like madness but it is fun. I got a huge boost of endorphins....so I decided to do 30mins of Zumba after. I was exhausted! I am so happy for the rest day on the calendar. I swear I still feel like my breathing pattern is not back to normel as yet.....its madness!
    So day 2 of my TurboFire workout is complete, Yay! At the end of this program, either 1 out 2 things will happen:

1. I will graduate and become a fire breathing dragon
    OR
    2. I will have such good breathing, I’ll develop gills!"