would anyone be willing to teach a newer babe in christ

Options
How to tell if God is speaking to her or she is speaking from self. I am reading a christian book that encourages me to talk to God and share what is on my mind. then give him time to speak to me be quiet and listen. I know this will be a huge help in my walk with Christ journals to God. I don't have the maturity or discernment to tell whether it is me speaking or God. I would share my journal entry what I talk about with you and then include the listening page I thought was God speaking but may not be sure. you can tell me yes or no. I am a new babe in Christ so I am clueless on this.

Replies

• BKayMAX
    BKayMAX Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there "New Babe in Christ", i just want to say praise the Lord for saving your life!!

I don't know about teaching...but I would be willing to walk together with you as we walk with Him...I struggle with some of those same things you mentioned...unsure at times if I am doing His way or my way...but i believe one of the most important things I have learned is that His Word (the Bible) is the place to be in daily!! And be in prayer, ask for what you need...He always answers, (either yes, no, or wait)...and it is always for our best...stay plugged into other genuine Christians, seek a trusted woman to mentor you...and join bible study groups.

I have been in Christ just over 2 years now and it has been an incredible journey...it has not been easy...but at the same time...God has been healing my heart and soul of past bondages...which broke me free to be able to focus back on health...and not hide behind my weight for protection...i was an emotional eater, food was my comfort...but now i realize He is my Comforter...

i am new to this Fitness Pal, and am still challenged with procrastination, busyness...but we are all a work in progress...God certainly is not finished with me yet...so i pray you will find your way, stay focused on Jesus and God's unfailing love & forgiveness! I will be praying for spiritual wisdom, understanding and discernment for you and us all! God bless you sister in Christ!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When God speaks to you, there's no doubt that it's Him. It's more obvious when He tells you to do something you wouldn't do by yourself. But otherwise, when you're praying.... ask God for spiritual ears and spiritual eyes. Ask Him for spiritual discernment. Ask Him to speak loudly to you and to lower any voices that are not of Him.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7

Just ask Him :)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14

When God speaks to you it will always be according to His will. You should find a Biblical principal that affirms what you believe He is guiding you to do.

As ByKay said we are all on a journey. We are all spiritually maturing. God's grace and mercy covers us and many times it is through mistakes that we learn discernment.

Be blessed.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How to tell if God is speaking to her or she is speaking from self. I am reading a christian book that encourages me to talk to God and share what is on my mind. then give him time to speak to me be quiet and listen. I know this will be a huge help in my walk with Christ journals to God. I don't have the maturity or discernment to tell whether it is me speaking or God. I would share my journal entry what I talk about with you and then include the listening page I thought was God speaking but may not be sure. you can tell me yes or no. I am a new babe in Christ so I am clueless on this.
    Welcome to the fellowship!
    I was once told that if God speaks to me, it should be backed up with what's in His word.
    For example, y ou know that from the bible that your body is to be presented as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1-5) so God would never tell you to overeat, eat bad things, drink, smoke, or anything else that could cause harm. Hope that helps.
  • BudandGriz68
    Options
    I agree with WayyyOutOfLin. God's voice directs you to do His will, not yours. His will is found in His Word, the Bible. God's voice will tell you He loves you, too. It is a journey. When reading the Bible, read a chapter at a time or at least more than a few verses. You will get a better idea what God is trying to say in that part of the Bible. It is easy to make the Bible say what you want it to say by reading a verse here and there. You want to learn about God's will and His plan for you. His way is always better. Thanks for the courage to ask for help.