Newly diagnosed, have a question

I was just recent diagnosed at the end of January so I am obviously still learning. I'd like to know what are some foods that you have found that seem to make you feel bad? I have a found a few things that I recently can't have without getting an awful headache and being sick-feeling and basically useless for the next day or so.

Replies

• RetaRose
    RetaRose Posts: 8 Member
    This is a great question, and Im glad you asked!! I was diagnosed, almost two years ago now, but it feels like its new. I found out I was pregnant right after so everything was put on hold. Truth is I kind of pretended that I didn't have it. But in the last few months it has gotten pretty bad. I have a nero appt coming up, so im hoping to get some good answers on things that can help. Everyone has diet & exercise are helpful and important, part of why I have joined MFP. But I have no clue where to start, because I think with MS it would be different then what we would normally do to stay fit?
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    This is a great question, and Im glad you asked!! I was diagnosed, almost two years ago now, but it feels like its new. I found out I was pregnant right after so everything was put on hold. Truth is I kind of pretended that I didn't have it. But in the last few months it has gotten pretty bad. I have a nero appt coming up, so im hoping to get some good answers on things that can help. Everyone has diet & exercise are helpful and important, part of why I have joined MFP. But I have no clue where to start, because I think with MS it would be different then what we would normally do to stay fit?

I feel like you just described how I was diagnosed! I've been diagnosed since 2006 and found out within a week I was pregnant. I too had to put everything on hold. I have actually only been on Copaxone and I never really did the injections consistantly. I've also pretended I didn't have it. I have been blessed though because since that time I've only had 1 relapse and that was some optic neuritis. I have constant fatigue though.
    I haven't really found any foods that affect me in a negative way. I do notice having more bowel/tummy trouble since being diagnosed.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe you could tell us what foods you are having trouble with.