New to the site

Options
Greetings Wise Women of Faith. I love the group name, what and encouraging place to find new friends and sisters in Christ. My name is Paulette, I'm 42, a mom of two boys and wife to my wonderful husband. I just joined the site today at the urging of my trainer, so far I really like what I see and think it's going to be a great help.

Blessings.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome Paulette!
  • weadorehim
    weadorehim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome Paulette!
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of talking on this site. :) I just joined a couple of days ago and have decided I'm going to talk to someone each day and share some verses I had found encouraging. One it keeps me in the word and two my own heart is encouraged by my time with Him. I came to trust Him when I was 17 and sometimes am not as consistent as I would like to be in reading my Bible.

I just joined and have about 65 extra pounds I want to loose. I am 52-mother of 4 with my 3rd grandchild on the way. My father, whom I loved dearly just died. He had Alzheimer's and lived with us for the last 5 years. The last few months have been very tumultuous for us. I had a 22 year old son diagnosed with cancer in Jan. and he is getting a total hip replacement in June.

I read Psalm 61 today and was encouraged with these verses...
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him...
    My salvation and my honor depend on God...He is my refuge...
    Trust in Him at all times, O people;...pour out your hearts to Him...
    One thing God has spoken,
    two things have I heard:
    that you, O God, are strong,
    and that you, O Lord, are loving....

I like remembering that the Lord is loving....

I wish you success with your weight loss and in drawing close to the One who gave His life for you!
  • Jenmick9175
    Options
    Hello weight lose peeps...lol I'm very new to this site, I have only started my weight loss journey about two week ago. I have lost 5.2 pounds so far. I have way more to go. need help with support and encouragement. I'm married with 6 kids. I love God and wanted to join both of these great things together. With Christ ALL things are possible. Please add me as a friend, Lord knows I need all the friends I can get. thanks again for your friendship. God bless.
  • Backpackingmom
    Backpackingmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weadorehim is right. Not much gets posted but most of us have friended each other and keep up that way.
  • PaulaBlanch
    Options
    HI! I just joined today. After going to different areas on the site I found an area that had before/after pictures. I assumed these people would be dressed decently, but the pics I came across were eency weency bikini pictures. That's when it occurred to me to search Christian groups. I am a modestly dressing/dresses or skirts only Christian. So glad I found fellow Christians! I'm sorry for your troubles Weadorehim! Losing your father and having to be a strong support for your son is hard. I went through a difficult year like that in 2004 and again in 2007. May God bless and keep you!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am on a mission to lose about 30lbs or 15kgs, as we say in Australia. My youngest son is getting married in November so I want to slim down for the wedding. I've also been having trouble with my knees going up and down stairs so need to get the weight off them. I've been tracking my food and exercise off and on for a while but need to stick with it. It's nice to find a group like this. I am a born again Christian. I am 52 with 3 grown children and 2 grandchildren. The Psalm 61 is inspiring.
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I pray God comforts you as you mourn the passing of your Dad. My mom passed away in October after a long illness that started with rhematoid arthritis seven years ago. I pray God heals your son, and that his illness brings you and him closer to HIM...GOD !!
    I am new to this group also. I don't know how much I want to lose. I restarted a week ago and am afraid to get on the scale. I am 55, and a teacher. I am married with two grown kids, 29 and 28. For the first summer since I was about 14 I am not working. God told me to rest, and I am trying to. Thanks for sharing and for reading this post should you read it (and I hope you do!)
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Paulette!! Talk to someone each day and post some encouraging verses..... Great idea/goal...... Mind if I steal it/ It helps to be reminded God loves us no matter what, thanks for the reminder. I have been struggling after a good week which always seems to happen after each "decision" to stop gluttony!! I am going to read that verse you posted again along with the two I put on another post (check out "we can do all things" and "He will help us" post I posted today!! Thanks for sharing and I pray God helps you on your get healthier journey!! :heart:
  • holdingsteady1120
    holdingsteady1120 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for a week and just found this group. Hoping to get some friends that are encouraging and supportive and I will be the same.