RoadID

Options
legmotor
legmotor Posts: 197 Member
For those of you who have them, do you have the Elite or the Sport? What do you like or not like about your choice?

Replies

• RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think there's another recent thread titled "Ride ID' that you might want to check out...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538064-ride-id-recommended

I got the sport, size small, interactive version. Cheaper. Nylon web strap with a velcro enclosure. Washable. Lightweight & seems durable. I wasn't sure I'd like the metal clasp on the elite. I have trouble with watches that are designed like that.

If I had bought the elite, I'd probably wear it all the time. The sport is fairly wide. - an inch probably. The plus side of the wider band is it's noticeable, which is important, should something actually happen to me.
  • deabora
    deabora Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought the ankle id in red. I liked the fact I could put it on and leave it and not have something else around my wrist or neck. The velco was always catching on my socks during the winter and the red faded. This year I replaced the strap with a black one and will wear it during the summer when I dont have to worry with socks. I also bought the FIXX ID or the dog tag. The chain seemed a bit bulky at first but I have gotten used to it. I will wear that during the winter then the ankle during the summer.
  • RArmor
    RArmor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing the Elite (interactive) for about 6 months. I like it because it is thin and not bulky. I wear it all the time, to work as well as running and biking.
  • bjc101
    bjc101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one I got, it's 3/4" in width. It's fits nicely on my nylon watch band. I wear it all the time.
  • beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the Elite and wear it all the time. I like how it doesn't get "dirty" since it is not cloth.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I use the sport model with a bright ugly yellow strap in the hope that an emt might see it if I am unconscious or incapacitated. I wore it mountain biking one day and somehow lost it on the trail (had to remove some layers as it warmed up.) A few days later someone called me from an out of state bike shop and said they found it and mailed it to me. They said that they only saw it because it was yellow. Most of my stuff is in dark colors and intentionally inconspicuous, but I'm glad I went bright and bold on the Road ID. Hope I never need an emt to see it though!
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I own two RoadID elites. I like the feel of the silicon rubber wrist strap and the quality and operation of the clasp; I find it very comfortable. I have one for riding locally here where I live and I just purchased another for when I travel (often) to my home town and ride there. Since the places are several hours apart by car I have two bracelets with different, local emergency contacts on each. If I'm riding on hot days and I'm sweating I like the easy clean up and drying of the Elite.