Diet - calories

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
what do you guys eat and how many caloreis? i am trying to figure out if i want to stay where i'm at and how i could get the best results. BMR is about 1300. i have been eating about 1650 to try and lose a few more lbs but i am wondering do i want to eat more than taht so i don't sacrifice muscle... is that enough... wonder what burns i'd get for my weight. i am 125 lb and 5'4" what do you all do and what are your stats with burning?

Replies

• MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think 1650 should be enough for you but also are you feeling hungry?
    I try to eat around 1500 but I have a lot more to lose.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i am not sure yet because i was reading their guide and i maybe should eat 1600-1900... so wonder if maybe just see if i drop a lot this week and if i do maybe then increase it... i don't know.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Ill inbox you the formula I used. I hope it helps!
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really need to get an HRM. I ordered a fitbit and I'm all excited because I have a very active lifestyle outside of Insanity and usually do an extra workout too. I'd like to be more accurate with calories burned and eaten because while I love to exercise, I also LOVE to eat. If you want to laugh at my food diaries full of ice-cream and candy, you can add me and see what I eat. I try to do better.... but things just taste so good!
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit for 3 months now & I LOVE It!!!!! I know you will too. I eat more calories since I'm a guy but I have to ristrict my carbs a lot to lose weight. One thing I noticed with Insanity & when I do P90X, after a few weeks I have to up my carbs. The workouts are very extreme & you need the carbs for energy to preform well during your workouts. I read where Tony Horton said to raise your carb intake if you hit a plateau & he was right I started working out harder & started losing wieght. Don't be afraid to try different things everybody's different.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old, 5'6, and 200 pounds, and I eat no less than 2,400 calories a day. I burn an average of 2,900 a day according to my body media fit and this seems to be working for me. When I eat less, I don't feel like I do as well in the workouts!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    ok i just got a polar HRM and i'm going to figure out how to use it to get an accurate burn rate. you all convinced me. it is hard to estimate without it so i will see during plyo tonight what i actually burn.
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    ok i just got a polar HRM and i'm going to figure out how to use it to get an accurate burn rate. you all convinced me. it is hard to estimate without it so i will see during plyo tonight what i actually burn.

So how did it compare to just putting in "intervial circuit" or another option on mfp? I am struggling with knowing exactly what I burn without a hrm.... thinking of investing in one...
  • MJ7910
    Options

So how did it compare to just putting in "intervial circuit" or another option on mfp? I am struggling with knowing exactly what I burn without a hrm.... thinking of investing in one...

it actually pooped out on me but i did get my hr up to 155 and taht was just in the warm up. so i'm sure it burns lots of calories. i am getting some ultrasound gel to put on it. i have no idea why it kept pooping out, that was so annoying!
  • stevenmancini
    Options
    Been 2 Weeks since I started and I haven't lost weight... I think the first week I was really low on my daily caloric intake but this past week and a half I have eaten about 1800 or so. I do feel like I am getting stronger and having more endurance. Any feedback is appreciated.