Firght for Air Climb - Detroit

Options
Hellbent_Heidi
Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
Is anyone doing the "Fight for Air Climb" at the Renaissance Center on March 4th?

(dangit...I hate when I misspell something in a topic line...ugh!!).

Replies

• Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So that's what it's called! I have bad ankles but it's definitely something I would do!
  • TeeCup99
    Options
    I'm not sure what that is..is there a website?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Check it out...the fund-raising requirement isn't too bad, compared to a lot of other events....only $100 per person plus $35 registration.

http://www.lungusa.org/pledge-events/mi/detroit-climb-fy12/
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about it. My mom's a lung cancer survivor.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I have been thinking about it. My mom's a lung cancer survivor.
    My Grandpa died from it back in 1999 (he was an electrician, so he had asbestos exposure), so that helped motivate me. Plus, as of today, I'm a non-smoker (day one of quitting...for good this time), and took this on as an extra motivation to quit (so I don't keel over halfway up the steps!).
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    This event was AWESOME! I'd highly recommend it as a great fitness challenge for a good cause...did the 1035 steps in about 22 minutes, which would have been faster if not for my friends stopping for water or to catch their breath more frequently than I needed to (and I didn't want to leave them behind).....

Anyway, if you're thinking about it...sign up for 2013 when it comes around again!
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll do it for sure next year- just remind us.

Great job, btw!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I'll post a reminder when it comes around again.

Oh, and for the record...my time was better than I thought...18:22, and that was actually pretty average...go figure!