Obstacles

Options
bchthrpy
bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
What obstacles have you faced during your weight loss journey? Is it making time to exercise? Is it meal planning? Or how about getting support from family?

For me it was making excuses to find time to exercise and meal planning. I kept telling myself that I didn't have another minute of time to add something else to my already insane schedule. I am a full-time, non-traditional student with graduation coming up in May, I work 35 hours a week, a wife who maintains the majority of the household chores, and a mother to an at home boomer rang college student struggling to find work utilizing his degree. Growing up, family dinners were so important that they happened every night, and I carried this tradition to my current lifestyle. Big adjustment when I started working and going to college, crazy hours entered my life. Meals took a big hit, it was easier to eat "bad" than to figure out how to maintain healthy meals. But, finally I said enough, I need to stop the laziness and find a way to control the craziness! That is when I joined this website and started my weight loss journey.

How about you?

Replies

• jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. My obstacle right now is my low-acting thyroid (had half removed in October) and now I'm on the pill preparing for a procedure next month. yuck! I've been going to the Y twice a week on the treadmill and incumbent bike; walking at work 1.5 miles at least 3 times a week and the scale has been going up gradually. I make time for exercise, but I just don't have the motivation as often. I'm trying not to get discouraged. I enjoy this site because I can log my food and exercise. This has been helping and seeing what others are doing so that maybe I can stay on track. Thanks!
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hopefully your Thyroid will level out soon....don't be discouraged, what ever you can put forth to make a better lifestyle for yourself will pay off. Keep up the good work ~ you can do this!