What Are You Doing For Autism Awareness Month?

Options
Gargwin82
Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
Hello;

So today, April 2nd, is Autism Awareness Day which kicks off Autism Awareness Month. Tonight we are lighting up our blue porch light and trying to let everyone know that autism is a reality today and increasing. The newest stats for the U.S.A. is 1 in 88 children will be diagnosed. Hopefully more people will learn to understand and sympathize with the challenges autistic children and adults face, but also realize how much they can achieve if given the opportunity. SO see what is happening in your area to raise awareness for yourself, your friends, or families with autism this month and every other day of the year:)

Replies

• Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We are going on an Adventure Weekend ( all have someone in their family with Autism). It's aimed at
    trying new things, Workshops and stepping out of your comfort zone and also a Fun Run at the end
    of the month. So Fun times in April and raising some badly needed cash too !!!
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am hosting a craft/vendor fair to fund autism therapy.
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My sister created an autism awareness video.. We are sharing it with the world. Please take a look and feel free to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFDkM9EZRDg
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful video, it looks like a lot of hard work went into it :)
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Aw... Thanks. :). MY sister is an ABA teacher and the singer too. My stepson is 6 and has severe autism. This video makes me smile and is so encouraging.
  • Miska8482
    Miska8482 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello.. :)

We are doing the 2nd Annual Autism awareness walk/run this weekend. :)