When do you find time to exercise?

Options
NavyKnightAh13
NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
With having a newborn it is had to find time to exercise especially during the week (and my spouse working) so I am wondering when do you find time to exercise?

Replies

• jprid88
    jprid88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do it right after his first feeding of the day so around 7then I get ready for work
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do it right after his first feeding of the day so around 7then I get ready for work

I've been considering doing it right before/after my DD's first feeding which is usually around 5:30. I have to be out of the house by 7:15. What type of exercise(s) do you typically do? I have a hard time getting moving that early in the morning, so I've been considering a DVD or something off of FitTV.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its really hard to find time. I try to work out Saturday and Sunday when the hubby is home, but during the week if I want to work out it has to be late at night after my 3 month old goes to sleep. So that means I'm working out at like 9 or 10 at night and not going to bed until close to midnight. So obviously I only try to do this maybe twice a week because my newborn isn't sleeping through the night yet, and I also have a 2 year old so my days are just too busy.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i workout at night mainly. i put the kiddos to bed at 8 and the baby at 830. i normally dont go to bed until at least 10. thank god for my man getting up with the baby in the middle of the night.
  • Gaiasmum
    Gaiasmum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually chuck her in the pram and off we go at about 1 pm if its sunny but if not I try to do little bit after she goes to bed but by that time im exhausted :(
  • ahonea84
    ahonea84 Posts: 24
    Options
    On my lunch hour at work!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a SAHM so each morning we go to the gym and they go into the childcare room.

With my first daughter I found it easier to add my workout onto the end of my work day.Mornings were hard because I was engorged and night was hard because I was exhausted.
  • abecker84
    abecker84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If its a nice day I take bubs for a walk for about an hr or two, but if I can't take her out I do a workout when she is down for her nap and I will either do a workout DVD like tae bo or workout on the tredmill

Hope this helps :-)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm doing it on my lunch hour (or 1 and 15 min). That's going to change when I start my new job in about a week and a half. Its going to be difficult then b/c I'll need to leave the house by 7 and its taking about 2 hours to get out the door in the morning with having to pump and get myself and the baby ready. Luckily my hubby feeds and changes him first thing in the morning. Then after work its make dinner, clean up, bath time, feeding, bed time for him, then cleaning bottles and getting everything ready for the next day. By that time I'm exhausted!!! The only option i'm going to have is probably getting up at 4:15ish! I don't want to do it after work b/c that cuts into my time with my little guy, then after he goes to bed is when my husband and I get time together...
  • chamcmillan
    chamcmillan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now my schedule is four times a week. I have a 12 year old and 8 year old and a 4 month old. I am a member of the YMCA so by the time I get home from work and picked up all the kids. I usually make it to the gym by 6:30 and work out for a hour. I definitely work out on Saturdays. I would love to work on in the morning s but its too hectic with feedings and trying to get myself and my sons up for school and work that it doesn't work out.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred DVD this morning. I decided to exercise first thing at 5:30AM. It was the best time of the day for me with the least amount of opportunity for me to make excuses not to do it...other than just not wanting to get out of bed. After work has too many chances of something coming up and would be too easy for me to skip it. I'm pooped at 9:00 after we put the baby down so didn't want to do it then either. Plus I really like the feeling that I've already accomplished a big goal in the morning and the exercising is out of the way! :)
  • mamsa
    mamsa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK, I need to step it up. I have a 9 and 6 year old and a 6 mo. old and I'm just sooo tired all the time it's hard to rally in the morning. Thanks for inspiring me.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am just 15 days postpartum, so I'm not feeling like hitting it hard just yet, but I plan to exercise in the evenings/night like I usually do when I'm working out. After the majority of the kids are in bed for the night.. it's my favorite time!
  • Lopo1180
    Lopo1180 Posts: 3
    Options
    Even if it's for 20 minutes, a quick walk, when my husband gets home from work....that's what I've been doing lately. I'll also do my strength training when the kids are napping.
  • RavenSimone90
    Options
    Soon as I nurse my baby she normally falls asleep. Soon as shes done I get up, change my clothes, and start my workout. She normally sleeps for 2 hours at a time and I work out for 51 minutes a day at the least.
  • cdirig
    cdirig Posts: 5
    Options
    I try to squeeze in "mini workouts" when the baby naps. It's hard, since I have a million other things to do when the baby naps, so I make it a priority. My mini workouts can be 10 minutes of strength training or stretching, but it counts. I also hire a baby sitter twice a week to watch the baby while I go for a long run. I just started with the babysitter last week, when my baby turned 9 weeks old. So, fingers crossed!

Oh, and I always do kegels after peeing. 3 x 20 seconds of super kegels....can't hurt, right?