Looking for Support and Community

Hi all,
I've joined this group in hopes of finding active and supportive friends. I have had binge eating disorder cycling with episodes of bulimia since I was about 10 or 11 (26 now). I am looking for people who log on every other day at least and don't mind commenting on profile posts or blogs. I log on everyday and blog. As a warning, while I am trying to recover, I am struggling. My blog can be highly triggering for some, but I only blog for myself. I am not trying to gain readership. I mainly need some people who understand what it's like to know what you have to do while trembling in fear of doing it. I mess up a lot, I have not managed to stop restricting for fear of binging, but I am trying.
I'm a university student and I love dancing and art. Ask me anything, I'll likely answer. Hope we can work together to reach our goals!

Angie

Replies

• kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    You can add me. I have been dealing with bulimia for 26 years. I started at 17 and am now 43. I have had some years of doing very well, but then things happen. I am really having a hard time now, I have just finished treatment for breast cancer and I am an emotional roller coaster.
  • Added, and thank you. I hope things clear up for you soon. Good luck and lots of love!
  • kbogart1996
    This last couple days have been good. Hope things are good for you,
  • StarrMate
    StarrMate Posts: 5 Member
    This is my first time replying to a post... I'm not even sure I am doing it right. lol
    Anyways.. Hi. My name is Tonia. I am 28 years old and I have EDNOS. My weight has been a struggle and an issue my whole life. For the past few months I have been trying to lose weight without any beinging, purging or fasting. So far, pretty good. I'd love to make new friends and find more means of support if you are interested...
  • kbogart1996
    I sent request. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi I am Sam I was bulimic for 17 years and have not purged in about 8 months but it is still hard and has been even harder lately but I Still have not given in! You can do it but it is easier said than done! You can add me I would love to be there with along this journey! You can recover!

Sam