Protein Powder

Options
bed2883
bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
Hey -

Does anyone use protein powder? If so, what brand and how do you use it?

I never have time to cook and eat breakfast. So, I was thinking of making smoothies in the morning and add protein poweder (with my new ninja blender!) on my way out the door.

Replies

• ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know this too. I've really been wanting to start using a protein shake to really help things along and give me an easy breakfast too. Something I can also use with just plain water or milk is good for me too (I really have no little time in the morning sometimes!)
  • bed2883
    Options
    My brother is going to let me try his Shakeology protein packets. He makes his with almond milk.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am loving my herbalife. They have shakes that are super tasty (the mint tastes like a grasshopper milkshake) and you can add low cal whey protein powder to them to customize your protein allotment. You can look at my diary to see how the macro nutrients break down for my combo. If you look them up online, there may be a shake shop near you. You can go into their cafe and try one before you buy a whole 30 meal canister. Cost/ shake breaks down into about $2.75 a meal.
    I've tried metabolife, metabolic research center, slim fast, muscle milk, and the one in the white boxes you get at costco. Herbalife is my fave by far. You can even add things like peanut butter or sugar free syrups to make amazing concoctions like peanut butter cookie, orange dreamsicle and german chocolate cake with the chocolate or vanilla shakes. LOVE!!!
  • bed2883
    Options
    That sounds very yummy! I wake up starving most mornings, so I tend to grab whatever is in sight that I can eat while packing the boys lunches.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I found a protein powder that I LOVE, but it comes with a little story :) My best friend had Lap Band surgery last year and while she was prepping for it, and then afterward, they had her doing a liquid diet of protein powder smoothies. The powder is called Unjury and it has 20g of Protein per scoop. They had her mix 1 scoop with Carnation Sugar Free Instant breakfast powder and skim milk. It was so good. It comes in a few flavors, and the Carnation comes in all kinds of flavors, so you can mix and match and create your own blends. I love doing choc powder, choc carnation and throwing a frozen banana in with the milk too. :)

Fortunately, the bariatric center here sells to the public, so I can go there and get it, but here is the website if you wanted to take a look at it http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/
  • eferg117
    eferg117 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found that I was taking in WAY too much protein! it was hindering my weight loss. Just something to keep an eye on to all my other mom friends!
  • LadyShlee
    Options
    A very reputable company that has been around longer than I have been is Shaklee. I have used their VERY BALANCED AND NUTRITIOUS soy and/or whey protein powders since I was a year old due to needing more nutrition after being pre-mature and very small in size till I was 6. Please look into the Shaklee brand. My kids use it for nutritional balance and my hubby and I use it to curb cravings when we don't want more than a couple hundred calories for a meal. We just plain FEEL better when we drink this. I don't use it as meal replacement much but it is the most filling and satisfying meal I can ingest when I do. Better than a bowl of pasta and a whole chicken breast to my energy level!