Was it really PCOS's fault?

Options
Hello everyone!! I'm Shanique and I need lot's of friends to get me through this next YEAR!! I have been off and back on MFP for a lil over a year. So I have decided that joining groups and being accountable to this profile might help me focus on my weight loss. I have been looking back over the last two decades of my life and how I allowed myself to get to this weight w/o even having a child. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 20 and the only thing my doctor told me was take these birth control pills ( I was not sexually active and didn't need them for that) and when you are ready to have a baby stop. So not knowing the side affects of BC pills I found myself up over 200 lbs at 24. It has been a slow climb to "Whooaaa, You weigh HOW Much!" ever since. Last year I forgot about my new birth control implant and slacked off on excercise, and when I looked around six months later I had hit my heaviest weight to date, 290 lbs. That's when I joined MFP, bought a Total Gym and tried that stupid Gastric Bypass Affect powder!! So I dropped into the 270's and have been stuck there until recently (I got married and settled into cooking Paula Deen style for my sugarbear) so now I am at 282 and I have only lost 8 lbs since starting this journey. BUT I have a new purpose! My first goal is to loose 30 lbs so we can start trying to get pregnant!! It's only day 3 but I am committed.

Replies

• torontobaby
    Options
    We can be friends. I am living with PCOS too. I have had a long hard struggle with it.