What exercises do enjoy the most ?

Options
Just curious what other people like to do. I have a treadmill and an exercise bike at home and I try to either do 5km on my bike or 15 mins on my treadmill everyday. Its not much but I am very overweight and my fitness level isnt great.
I would be too embarressed to go to a gym but I've heard about a Zumba game for the Xbox that I would like to try. What do you all enjoy doing ?

Replies

• whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You should NOT be embarrassed about going to the gym! People of all shapes,sizes,age,gender, and level of fitness are all different in the gym. Honestly I have more respect for people who actually need the gym than those who are so self obsessed. I am actually really in shape even though my body doesn't show it lol since I have been in sports my whole life. My typical workout is the gym elliptical for 45 min then weights for the last 15. Do what you love to do, if it's walking, great. I hate working out, but I LOVE listening to my music and losing myself to my own thoughts and world. The zumba sounds fun!!! Dancing is always a much funner way to lose weight!
  • twistytey
    twistytey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I enjoy jumping rope in my living room. My friend lost a ton of weight doing Zumba on her Wii-- seems like it would be a blast, but I have a PS3.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just started the zumba on my wii! I am absolutely loving it. Also, I'm glad I have curtains on my windows :)

Oh, and I just ordered Just Dance 3, I can report on that in a few days
  • torontobaby
    Options
    I work out at a gym and I have a trainer who comes to my home once a week, she has me on a regimen. I love doing weight training. I also do cardio. I started all this because of the complications I had from pcos. Because of PCOS, I had heavy periods. My iron dropped to critically low levels and I ended up in bed for a year. Yes, that is right, a year! It was horrid. Please ladies if you start to feel your energy dropping, get your iron checked by your dr. I got weekly injections for that year and then I got my energy back. Phew. I am getting my health back now, thankfully.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sarahmly,

My friend has the Zumba game for the Wii and really likes it. I have the Zumba video set (from the infomercials) and really like to do that when I can't get to the Y for my class. BUT... my very favorite thing to do is the Zumba classes at the Y. It takes a few weeks to really learn it (although the tapes help) but everyone there is really nice!
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love kickboxing and belly dance. Kicking and shaking my hips are my two favorite things to do lol. I can also walk forever. I'm not much of a runner, but I've been wanting to get into it.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do zumba classes that I am completely addicted to! Feel completely out of sorts if I miss one! It all depends on the instructor I've found though, mine is hilarious and makes it really fun and doesn't care if you don't get all the steps right.
  • auntamama
    auntamama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love going to Zumba at the Y. I was so scared to go and try it, and I am sure I am the largest one there, but everyone is there having fun and I don't feel like they are judging me. I am so glad I finally just did it and am going to continue. I have Zumba on the Wii, but have only done it a couple of times and don't like it like I do the Y class. I also just started doing Body Pump at the Y, and I am so sore today. If I don't do a class I either walk my neighborhood, or walk on a treadmill at the gym. As intimidating as it may seem at first, it really isn't as bad as you probably think going to the gym.