Welcome to the April Challenge!

Options

Replies

• jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I am happy to join the April challenge. I have been reading all your posts but due to some computer problems haven't been able to comment so now finally here I am :) I have been discouraged as have fallen into some bad habits in March but April has come on and it seems I have gotten it back together. I am doing well and started losing again. I had stalled for about 2 months, although I don't know if you can call it a stall when it was just me eating bad stuff. I had hoped to be at goal when I see my doctor this Thursday to show off but didn't quite make it. That's ok though I am pretty darn close and a lot closer then I was 6 months ago when he saw me last. I am 140lbs now and 6lbs to goal, then I will have lost more then a I weigh! Its coming so close I can really feel it. This month with the nice weather coming I really want to get outside more and include my kids in my exercise. I got them roller blades for Easter so I think this is going to be our new family past time. I want to be active and do something, even something small, every day. I would like to be down another 2lbs by the end of the month. I think that's pretty fair. I'm ready to finish this journey!!! Feeling more positive lately then I have in a long time!
  • melwilson6
    Options
    128 lbs. lost....that's awesome! Hang in there you can do this!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've lost three pounds this week - after losing nothing last week. But I'm going to have to change my exercise class goal. I didn't realize the ladies that teach the class are going on vacation this week and I am going to visit my sister at the end of April so I'll probably only get a few classes in this month. I'm well on my way to 75 miles walked though. I've walked 46 miles since the beginning of April. Spent a few days in New York site seeing so that helped a lot.

Debbie
  • gail2002
    gail2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ok so I'm a bit late for my 1 week check in - but I have maintained my exercise routine. My diet hasn't been great and I haven't been logging, and I haven't weighed myself partially because I don't want to see the number!! Few more days and I will see how it goes!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...
    It is baseball season here and I am still around but haven't had time to post. So I'm not meeting my exercise challenge with jillian michaels, but I am walking everyday and that is what I will probably stick to. I find it a pain to do jillian michaels at 5 in the morning. This is honestly the only time I have to exercise so I'll be sticking with the treadmill. The only day I have missed this month was Easter morning and I just didn't do it...no reason or excuse why! As far as weight loss, I have lost minimal weight so far. I will weigh tomorrow. It is a crazy time of year for me with travel ball, another playing baseball, practices on off days, work, voice lessons, guitar lessons, drum lessons, church, praise band etc. etc. etc. However, I am still logging and making the best choices I possibly can. I did start measuring my stuff again this morning because I was afraid my portions were getting too big and I believe they were. Keep up the great work all! I am proud of each of you!!!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just for my sake, I'm just going to opt out of this month's challenge since I can't seem to keep my mind "in the game", so I'll try again next month and hopefully I'll be able to participate appropriately!
  • trojan1975
    trojan1975 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I'm new to the group and a brit... I have PCOS with insulin resistance so no real weight loss goal as long as i go down i'm happy. Current weight is 98 Kilos ( 216 Lbs ish).

My goal is to swim 4 miles a week.

Good luck everyone.
  • smcfaye
    smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Each of us face times with low motivation. I don't know if there is a easy fix but here is somethings that have seemed to help me.
    1. Set a goal and tell someone. (It amazing how if someone else knows your goals, it helps by holding you responsible)
    2. The other thing I do is look on line at clothes I would love to wear if I was smaller. venus.com is my favorite site.
    3. Allow yourself some "downtime" but only if you set a date to get restarted. Everyone is allowed a couple off days, as long as it does not become every day.

Hope this helps,
    Samantha
    Hey guys, I need some help!

I was doing great for quite some time. All of a sudden, I am unmotivated. I haven't done a substancial workout in weeks. I need to get back on track. I am only hurting myself. But I can't seem to get my mind back into the right place.

AARRGG! Frustrating.
  • smcfaye
    smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Here is my weekly update...

Starting weight 259.3 - April goal down 6 pounds 253.3 - Ultimate goal 120
    Week 1... 255.5
    Week 2... 253.8
    Down 5.5 pounds.

I did go to Curves 3x this week and am drinking more water than before.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
  • brokentiara
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    So this week I have not been doing Jillian Michaels video due to me having to work more and school. I have been doing the treadmill and the exercise bike this week MWF. This has proven to work this week as I have lost 2.8 pounds. So I will Probably keep this up and see if it works.
  • Roserivera
    Roserivera Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know it's late for the first week check in but I did lose 4 pounds but didn't get my exercise in. I won't weight myself till Monday so I will try to update then if I have lost anymore weight, but it's going to be another week with only one day of exercise. I have been having a hard time sleeping. I have this problem every month, hopefully this week coming week will be better. Good luck to everyone!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I lost 1.6 pounds this week and feel great about that loss. I am so proud of all of you and the commitment you are making for better health and wellness! It looks like all of you are really losing and exercising!! Way to go!! Keep it up everyone!!! :happy:
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2.5 pounds but Have had a really hard month staying on course. Lots going on in my life right now and my biggest problem seems to be scheduling of all things! I say "gonna go for a walk in 15 minutes" but then I get busy doing something else and by the time I realise I missed it, it's 5:00 in the afternoon and I have to start worrying about taking care of all the family needs. GOTTA do better this week!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    For me, I have found if I get up at 5:00 I make time for me and my walking then. The rest of the family gets up at 6:00. That also gives me some time for myself to soak in the jacuzzi tub. This is a great hour for me. My life is running children everywhere too and taking care of the family, so I designate that hour to myself every morning. At first, it was hard getting up at 5:00, but most mornings I even wake up before the alarm. It's almost like my body wants it's time now. Just something to think about!
  • Roserivera
    Roserivera Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So for week two I lost 2 pounds. Only got my one day of exercise in but I went to a car show Sunday a did lots of walking around so that is at least something. This morning I got in my exercise so that is a start for week 3 now if I can keep it going.The hardest part is waking up at 5 to exercise, I am not much of a morning person. Good Luck to everyone, And keep up the good work.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ok - I think that I am back in the game.

Last night I actually did some real excercise, not just walking, but some real, "get my heart pumping" exercise. And it felt good. I am a bit sore today, but thats what I get for taking so much time off.

I am committed to getting in 5 good "get my heart pumping" workouts this week. The mojo is starting to come back. Thank you to those who gave me so much support. I greatly appreciate it!:flowerforyou:
  • jennyneel0423
    jennyneel0423 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Week 1: I gained this week. Exercise stayed consistent. Still having issues with not eating like I should. I've stayed where I should as far as calories, carbs, and fat but I found out that my sodium intake has been through the roof. Good to know...maybe now I can get a handle on that and the scale will start going down again.

Week 2: I lost 2.2 lbs this week! I think I"m really starting to figure out the whole eating plan. I stuck to my exercise plan. My son and I even went for a bike ride on Sunday and had a great time.

Week 3:

Week 4: (179 or less)

Current Weight: 183.8
    Goal Weight: 140
  • melwilson6
    Options
    I am a few days behind logging in my weight for week 2. The past week has been the hardest days of my life. I lost my big brother Stacey in a horrific way. I know he would want me to continue this journey and see it through to the end. I may call on you all for motivation often. Please pray for this family in our time of need. The load on our hearts, due to the loss of this wonderful man, is very heavy.

Week 1: llost 3.5 lbs. new weight 248.5

Week 2: lost 4 lbs. new weight is 244.5

Week 3:

Week 4: Should weigh 242
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss MelWilson,

Debbie
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    This is my second week check in and I lost 2.4 lbs. I am so bummed that I didn't get more exercise in:( Next week for sure I am back on top of it. I do have Relay for Life and I walk alot pretty much all night, so I should have a great next week:) Here hoping:)