High Heels

Options

Replies

• KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't wear them when I'm out with hubby, but I wear them to work and have no problem. Of course, I don't go for the super tiny heel tip. I'd totally kill myself with those!
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else was similar. I'm 5'10" so not super tall but I find it hard to walk in high heels, part of it is the actual fear of falling over at such a height makes me a bit rigid.

I know it sounds daft but I was wondering if anyone else feels similar? and how many of you actually wear heels.
    I'm 5'10" also. I hate heels. I'm pretty clumsy though. I have one pair I wear to weddings and graduations,but that's pretty much it. I love my flats!
  • ekolson
    ekolson Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and I don't own any heels. None. Only flats. I don't know how to walk in heels. The last time I wore heels was during my sophomore year of high school for the homecoming dance because my date was like 6'5" (He didn't even ask me to the dance, I had to ask him. Big surprise...) I won't even wear those tall leather boots with like the hidden little wedge heel that are in style now. I don't even like wearing gym shoes other than to work out because they make me taller. When I say I only have flats, I mean, they are FLAT. Like, definitely less than 1", closer to 1/3' tall MAYBE.

GAH, I feel like a huge man now. I have no boobs, I don't own heels and boys basically never talk to me let alone ask me on dates. How do you guys wear heels without feeling self-conscious!? I'd feel like a huge, awkward, gangly nerd tripping over herself all night. :indifferent:
  • nw288
    nw288 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to the anti-heel camp, but I've gotten over the self consciousness to some degree. I unfortunately cannot walk in the skinny heels though, so wedges are my friend. Flats are lovely....but I tend to think they make the feet look bigger. The way I see it....most models are our height, and its obviously ok for them to wear heels, so why not??
  • heather62bro
    Options
    I'm 6'3" and never wore high heels until my boyfriend bought me some as a joke. They make me about 6'7" and I wear them
    around him all the time and he is 6'0". The joke was on him lol
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wear 'em LOVE 'em (6'0)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I LOVE heels and wear them every chance I can. I'm wearing 3 inch wedges right now so that puts me about 6'1. Love it!
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a few, and I enjoy wearing them. I do prefer a chunkier heel though, cause I can walk in them better. They also make me taller than my husband, which kinda makes me chuckle. My problem is finding a reason to wear them, I'm a SAHM so I usually don't wear shoes at all!
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and I don't own any heels. None. Only flats. I don't know how to walk in heels. The last time I wore heels was during my sophomore year of high school for the homecoming dance because my date was like 6'5" (He didn't even ask me to the dance, I had to ask him. Big surprise...) I won't even wear those tall leather boots with like the hidden little wedge heel that are in style now. I don't even like wearing gym shoes other than to work out because they make me taller. When I say I only have flats, I mean, they are FLAT. Like, definitely less than 1", closer to 1/3' tall MAYBE.

GAH, I feel like a huge man now. I have no boobs, I don't own heels and boys basically never talk to me let alone ask me on dates. How do you guys wear heels without feeling self-conscious!? I'd feel like a huge, awkward, gangly nerd tripping over herself all night. :indifferent:

I could've written this 20 years ago! :) Granted, I don't wear alot of heels NOW, but I do *own* some. :)

As some have said, I think it's a confidence issue. :) I *definetly* did NOT have it.

But, you CAN get it. You are ADORABLE! And in a small heel, (with a little practice) you'll be Cinderella!!
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All of my life I was obsessed with heels. I wanted to wear them like all the other women when I was growing up. Then when I was divorced I started wearing them. They are really not all that. They are uncomfortable to me because I didn't grow up wearing them. I think if I had training heels as a child I would feel differently. I am 42 and I just don't think they are worth the pain. My boyfriend is 6'1" and he loves my height and loves me in heels. I can say I honestly tried them though. They are beautiful to look at. I lean towards 2" inch heels now and cute and unusual and unique sandals and flats. They are more "me". And this is coming from a serious shoe lady.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options

ekolson, you are totally gorgeous, both inside and outside, and I wish that right now I could give you the confidence you will eventually develop. I love your honesty about yourself. It doesn't matter that you prefer to wear flats - I would have loved it if you could have joined my 6'4" (nearly 30 yr old) daughter and myself walking into church this morning. She wore 2" kitten heels, I wore my 3" Valentine shoes, and I stretched my spine as tall as possible to try to match her stride and confidence. She turned heads!

As for boobs - I never had any either, and I preferred it that way. And dates - I can count on one hand the total number of dates I had in high school and college.

Men don't develop confidence in themselves until they become accomplished in business. But let me tell you - all successful men will look at a gorgeous tall woman such as yourself, and admire you, and want you. Until then, when they are just beginning their journeys, well -- the short bimbos are about all they can handle.

Your life sounds fabulous. Teaching in China for a year! One of my son's TALL friends did that. He is now an attorney, and married to a tall woman. Eating your way through Italy! We lived in Italy for a while - and well, the men there, well... Try the Netherlands instead!

Continue with your career. Do more fabulous things. You will come to love your tall body, and your tall accomplishments, in time. Just as I did, just as my daughter did, and just as so many other tall women here have finally done.

Oh how I wish I could meet you!!!

Sincerely,
    Amanda
    (6' tall OLD mother of a 6'4" daughter and a 6'6" son.)
  • Lauraaaa88
    Options
    I literally cannot walk in heels either. I wish I could! But I don't think id feel that comfortable as in heels id be over 6 foot and most of my friends are quite petite.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love heels! Im 6 ft and wear 4 or 5 inch heels. Love how they make my legs look and my bf who is 6ft 3 loves me in them. I love being tall and heels make me even taller which is definitely different! I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks and bought two pairs of heels online, just waiting for them.

These are the shoes I've ordered
    th_2e56bd77.jpg

These in red
    th_86d850eb.jpg

And if they don't arrive on time I'll be wearing these
    th_1cfe83b1.jpg
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I wear heels. They are usually in the 2.5-3.5 inch range. I have one pair of 5 inch stilettos that I am afraid to walk in. I'm trying to get used to them, but honestly I feel like I'm going to break my ankle in them. LOL.
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Sarah,
    I *loved* the pics of your heels. :) WISH, I could feel confident enough to wear something like that, but alas I think an ER visit would be in my future!

You GO, girl!!
  • according2lizz
    Options
    I love heels b/c they make my legs look great, but I'll only wear them if I know I won't be the tallest person in the room! Can't wear flats with a skirt b/c they make me look frumpy, so I suck it up and wear my heels. People say stuff sometimes but it's whatever! Least my legs look good! I just wish my feet were smaller (sz 11) b/c they hurt prettyyyy quickly if I'm walking around in them all day/night!
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am definatley not super tall--5'9", but have always been able to wear heals, even run in them. However, the older I get, the less I wear them. I have friends with major feet problems because of their poor choices in footwear. I go for comfort and cuteness, not cuteness at the sacrifice of comfort.
  • lolamariem
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but still wear heels and love wearing heels (the correct pair of course), good work out as well.
    Many of you who are 5'9"+ might think I'm a bit short for this group, but I have Very long limbs making me appear longer then my friends who are taller then I am. Although I appear taller I wish I were just an inch taller :P
    Looks so glamous and graceful when tall girls wear heels!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have been anti heels for a long time. I dont need to dress up for work anymore and I have a kid to shuffle around so I do not go out as much anymore. But my FWB is 6'4" and practically insists on heels when I see him. The taller the better! I have amassed quite the collection over the past six months and I am starting to get addicted!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Now that I am down almost 70 lbs, I bought myself my first pair of heels in a very long time yesterday and I'm wearing them today. 3 inch wedge sandals. Maybe not superhigh but higher than anything I've worn in probably 20 years!