Betseron

Options
Is anyone on betaseron/extavia? I've got an important question for you. Please message me.

Thank you.

Replies

• zb357
    zb357 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am on Betaseron 1-b injections (every other day inject the med.) I have been for the past 20 yrs...I dont know what the other thing on the other side of your / is..what is it??? If you have any questions about that I'm sure I can help...
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Extavia is the same thing, just a different brand name. I work for Novartis Pharmaceuticals and it is the Novartis brand name, so I get my injections for free...THANK THE GOOD LORD!

Anyway, I was wondering if it was normal for the medication to burn pretty bad when injecting the medication? The last 2 have burned pretty bad. I am still tytrating up the dose so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. If it is, do you know any tricks that might help relieve the burning?
    Thank you for responding, by the way.
  • KerrieB40
    KerrieB40 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sometimes mine burn and other times I feel nothing. I haven't really figured it out because it is not just stomach say or arm. I'm wondering if I'm actually not letting the rubbing alcohol pad evaporate enough and that may cause it. Who knows. It isn't horrible to me since the shot doesn't last very long. I just grin and bare it.

Oh - I've only been on it since the beginning of February this year. I'm newly diagnosed.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ker- I just talked to my nurse and she said that it's completely normal and to take an ice pack and hold it over the spot for like 30 seconds before the shot it should help the burning and then to rub the site after the shot with a warm washcloth it will help make sure the medicine spreads and will help relieve the pain of the site.

I also was just diagnosed at the end of january and began meds almost a month ago. How are you handling everything? Feel free to just message me. :smile:
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i took betseron 20 years ago, i bruised badly.