The work-out hang-out.

Options
What kind of activity do yoy like? Do you want to find a work out buddy? This is the place to find it!

Replies

• sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I live in Granbury which is close to Fort Worth. I come into Fort Worth often and may take a job there. I want to exercise and help my family to be fit. I have a husband and two children. My daughter turns 6 on Friday the 13th of January. I was very fit when she was born. I had a midwife and was very determined to be in excellent health so I could have her in the peace of my own home. I remember logging in many miles getting stronger and stronger. My daughter was born healthy.

Now six years later I have gained some weight and had lost my focus. I want to be that healthy mom again. I joined the gym with my family. We all exercise everyday in some way. I want to lose 30 lbs. I want abs this year. I want to cut carbs and eat more vegetables. I want to have energy!

Lisa
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just joined this group, I am in North Richland Hills. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and enjoy cycling, actually anything outside really! Good Luck to you all!
  • mskathyw
    mskathyw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. I live just west of Fort Worth. I have a problem exercising due to some health restrictions so weight loss is a bigger challenge for me than it used to be. I originally lost all the weight I needed to lose with Weight Watchers but I couldn't keep it off so here I am again at the starting line, 100 lbs to lose. I am pretty motivated at the moment, but we all know how quickly that can go.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome! Good Luck with your journey! I love MFP, I lost all of my weight then couldn't keep it off either, so here I am bad. Health issues make everything more difficult for sure, but you did it once you can do it again. I bet the pool is going to be your best friend.
  • txnicegal
    txnicegal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live in the Hurst area and have 100+ to lose. I've found that water aerobics is helping me to exercise and gain back my balance and strength. I go to classes several times a week and it burns about 590 cal. per hour :)
  • NurseJodies
    NurseJodies Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I live about 20 minutes south of Fort Worth. I'm an emotional eater and when I lost someone I loved two years ago, I gained a whopping 75 lbs. Sooo... now I have a long way back to health. So far I've lost 15 lbs in about 7 weeks. I'm encouraged. However, I've only lost 1 lb/week the last four weeks, and I'd really like to lose a little faster than this.

I bought an elliptical, because I work nights and I'm a single mom. I didn't want any excuse to not work out. So far so good. I work out 4-5 x week for at least an hour a day. Going from no exercise- this is a big improvement for me.

I'm committed to getting healthy again, but I know that staying motivated is key. I hope that joining like minded individuals will help keep me on track! :-)
  • BlessedOne2019
    BlessedOne2019 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you are ever up close to Huguley, message me...I like to walk there around the track when its cool enough. Please friend me, I am also in South Fort Worth.:happy: :happy:
  • busynonstopmom
    busynonstopmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in the northwest right by Keller/Roanoke/Fort Worth. This weather makes it hard to work out but I get up early to get it done.
  • erichey650
    Options
    I am in SW Fort Worth and I finally joined the gym. I get a discount through work so there was really no reason not to. I have a 4 year old and it seems like I lost weight really fast after he was born but gradually it all came back. I am getting married in November(yay!) and I want to lose about 20 lbs.
  • ericaelaine79
    Options
    I live in SW area. I like to do a lot of different things. I get bored VERY easily with the same workout, so I'm always trying to get into something different. I live off the Trininty trail if anyone who would like to bike ride, walk, or jog (I haven't advanced to running yet) I'm down.
  • fatamerica
    fatamerica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Tehama Ridge, up in NW FTW.

If anyone else is in the area, we have a nice half basketball court and a big softball field. Would love to arrange a gathering!

Also, if anyone is interested in playing softball or trying floorball, let me know.

Talk is cheap. Let's get out there and do stuff! :)

Thanks!

Dave