Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I think my coach is trying to kill us...

cmay89
cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
here's the WOD 4/13/12

For Time
a) Wall-Balls (20#@10ft/15#@9ft) – 150

Every time you break up the wall-balls there is a penalty.
The definition of “break up” means that you stop moving or the ball touches the ground.

You must complete the penalty before getting back to the wall-balls. Every time you stop you must redo the penalties.

If you break between 1-75 reps
15-12-9
b) Thrusters (115#/85#)*
c) Chest-to-Bars*
*If you break up either of these you must run 400 meters before continuing the penalty*

If you break between 76-115 reps
d) Hang Power Clean & Jerks (115#/85#) – 25*
*20 burpees if the bar touches the floor*

If you break between 116-150 reps
e) Kettlebell Swings (45#/30#) – 75*
*50 double-unders (or lateral jumps) for breaking up the swings*

Example of how this works…

I start the WOD and have to rest at 20 wall-balls. Now I have to go complete 15-12-9 of thrusters and chest-to-bars before I get back to the wall-balls. I get tired on my second round of chest-to-bars (round of 12 reps) and fall off the bar early at 7 reps. Now I have to run 400 meters. Once back, I start at chest-to-bar #8 and finish the penalty. Whew! Okay I am back to wall-balls and at rep 34 the ball slips through my hands and hits the floor. I have to start the penalty over before I go back to wall-balls. This goes on as many breaks as you take (there is no max).

What do you guys think??

Replies

• rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    OH MY GOSH! I agree with trying to kill ya'll. I would never finish the WOD. I would have to take a break to go to work then come back and start with the penalty. lol.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I think a 150 unbroken wall balls is a little overambitious for even the "elite"

this seems like a totally unreasonable WOD. Maybe they pride themselves on pushing the pukie. Whats the scaling options?
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    i died a little just from reading this! :)
  • Susan918
    Susan918 Posts: 9
    yeah it's a tough WOD.

150 WB = KAREN WOD which is doable. It was also a Games WOD this year.

The penalties are a bit excessive but just finish. Forget the time. Just finish.

Too many folks get wound up about the time. Just finish. Forget the time. BC next time you'll do it faster.

I <3 CrossFit!!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    It was rough, but it is doable. We had a guy finish in 13 minutes. It's totally possible and our coach did it as a response to one of our members who challenged him to make up an impossible WOD. It was all in good fun though I got nowhere close to finishing it. I had wayyyyy too many penalties
  • Susan918
    Susan918 Posts: 9
    you finished. it's all good.