Fighting REAL hard to keep ED in control

Options
DQMD
DQMD Posts: 193
I had something traumatic happen over weekend and am fighting really hard to not let the monster within out. This time it is a little different. It isn't wanting to eat everything in sight but eat nothing. No food tastes good right now. It all just tastes like sawdust. I have eaten because I have to, not because I want to.

Replies

• aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    COME ON GIRL !!!
  • aehartley
    Options
    sorry...my computer cut me off. You have to fuel your body. I know it sucks, but just think about it as fuel....
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie. I know exactly how you feel. When things are getting you down, EDs can seem like such a safe and familiar way of getting your life back under control. I feel exactly the same right now. Just remember that giving in to your ED is NOT being in control - it will only make everything worse. Be kind to yourself, look after yourself, and try try try not to give in to those negative voices in your head.
  • starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    fake it til you make it :)
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Atleast you have eaten..keep fighting!
  • DQMD
    Options
    I eat one meal at a time and eat smaller meals so I can eat.
  • aehartley
    Options
    Pack your food, take it slow and you can do it :-) Move on to the next thin g
  • DQMD
    Options
    I bring FOOD with me all the time.

My friends are like how can you lose weight because you do nothing but eat. I eat every 3 or so hours.

The other night I had a whole burger for dinner and my stomach hurt so badly yesterday.
  • aehartley
    Options
    I bring FOOD with me all the time.

My friends are like how can you lose weight because you do nothing but eat. I eat every 3 or so hours.

The other night I had a whole burger for dinner and my stomach hurt so badly yesterday.

When I said that about "pack you lunch, move on" it was because me and a couple of other people with ED on here use to says it because we felt like that was the only way to get through the eating some days. I totally understand. I know so many people that make fun of me. My boss doens't underatnd how I loose weight because I eat all the time. Truth is he has never paid attention to what I eat. Lately I have had to battle for dinner... I am never hungry and I always have a ton of calories I am suppose to eat.
  • DQMD
    Options
    The weekend was REALLY bad. Friday night I just lost it. I was at a hotel because my plans changed at the last minute. I allowed myself to get hungry. I slipped..and that moved into Saturday.

Yesterday I clawed my way back to eating the way I should. My scale is ugly but I expected that. Due to the trama and the meds they put me on TOM came for a 2nd time. I guess it is better than being knocked up with this person's kid.

I did exercise yesterday. Both riding and went for a bike ride.