So Whats Your type?

Options
Lets get the ball rolling on your genre of music and why?

Replies

• randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds - anything from pop and hip hop to get me through the work day - I especially like upbeat songs from say, Pitbull, Taio Cruz, David Guetta, Flo Rida, Usher, Lady Gaga, etc.
    I also love 80's tunes, like Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Prince, David Bowie, Billy Idol, Erasure, Gary Neuman, Human League, Howard Jones, Talking Heads, the Clash,
    I do also love some groovy tunes from bands like Kool & the Gang, the Commodores, Parliament, Earth, Wind & Fire, and KC & the Sunshine Band
    I do also really like classic rock bands like Boston, 38 Special, the Who, Toto, Journey, etc

I guess I love anything upbeat and fun!! Especially when on the treadmill :)
  • iamchristyl
    iamchristyl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also love every type of music - although it is harder for me to get into country music most of the time!!! Lately all I've been listening to during workouts is David Guetta. Both of his albums are awesome and have tons of collaborative efforts with other artists. I like to jog to "I Can Only Imagine" as it is my perfect warm up pace to start running! Does anyone else have music that they choose according to pace? I would say that song is about a 4.2 on the treadmill.

Otherwise I like to listen to Dave Matthews Band, Mumford and Sons and many female artists as I love to sing;)
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to something with a fast beat. I got burnt out on hip hopish music (my Missy Elliott Pandora station got a lot of use) - so now I'm listening to Offspring, Zombie Ghost Train, MSI kinda stuff. If I start out my workout feeling sluggish, my local Mpls bands (4ontheFloor, Atmosphere) ALWAYS get me ramped up and ready to go! Maybe because I know how much I like to shake my *kitten* and have fun at their shows...? *shrug*
  • randilynn113
    Options
    I LOVE 4onthefloor - they've played in Eau Claire and I've seen them 4 times now - just love their music. The CD is excellent!
    I've also gotten burnt out on some of the hip hop music and have moved on to my 80's fun tunes. It is a really great motivator to get me through the work day, and when I'm out walking it is like the time just flies!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My favorite types of genre are industrial and EBM.. as well as the occasional 80's New Wave

Such as :wumpscut:, Suicide Commando, Funker Vogt, VNV Nation, And One, Depeche Mode, God Module, Feindflug, Ultravox, New Order, Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, Laibach, Manufactura, Covenant, Neuroticfish, Spetsnaz, Nitzer Ebb, Surgyn, The Retrosic, Wolfsheim.... among others. I do also enjoy the occasional film score.. Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Phillip Glass are a few fav's

As for why.. I like fast and deep beats that kind of give it a sense of power when I'm in the right mood.
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    Honestly I like it all, for the most part, but play me some good disco and I just gotta move!
  • legittuszynski
    Options
    I listen to a lot of Girl Talk when doing physical activity ... I always feel like I am moving quicker.

Other than that - I listen to it all. I love Folk, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Classical, Pop ... really I just like MUSIC! :)

I am currently listening to a playlist that is comprised of old Smashing Pumpkins, The Civil Wars, Radiohead, The Avett Bros, and Dwight Yoakam. :)
  • St3veDurb1n
    St3veDurb1n Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love rock, i also like a variety of other types as well, my fav bands atm are Hinder, Nickleback & Daughtry. i do like a lot of older songs.
  • moonsingerzero
    Options
    HI all, I like all types of music especially blues/folk/rock or any combination of the three. I play guitar and write and have a huge collection of various instruments some of which I can play a bit! Also love listening to music, love a bit of rockabilly at the moment!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would see anyone on here that has even heard of 4ontheFloor, much less have been to their shows. That's awesome!! I will be seeing them on April 13th. So excited! I frequently got my "fix" cuz they were playing all over this last summer (first saw them open for Willie Nelson in Duluth in August...have been hooked ever since) but they've been 'touring' and haven't been around much. I'm in need of my fix. And Gabriel is SO HOT!
  • randilynn113
    Options
    Too funny - I agree that Gabriel is very HOT. I love when they come to town! It has been a while, hopefully they're back in EC sometime soon!
  • Deedledee2
    Deedledee2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I listen to metal, rock, alt, ska, rockabilly, physcobilly and yes sometimes pop and been liking Skrillex for some reason. My very number one band No Doubt. I'm in love with Avenge Sevenfold. Tiger Army, Calabrese, Three Days Grace, ok I could go on forever in this dept. I love going to concerts! :0) Why you ask? Because it keeps me going :0)
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Metallica :) Avenged Sevenfold..anything that makes me feel my pulse rise. I love Amy Winehouse though so I can go jazzy-blues Stevie Ray Vaughan..and even classical.