New to the group

Options
hhamilton1203
hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
Hey everyone..... I am new to this group.... I got the lapband a little over 4 months ago, looking for banders to help with support and questions or if i am farther along than someone to help someone with questions....feel free to ask me :) Hope everyone is having a great day.

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. I just sent you a friend request.

I was banded on July 11. I have lost a total of 97.2 pounds, 24 of this was pre-surgery diet and exercise.

How are you doing with your band?
  • hhamilton1203
    Options
    I am doing better. A month ago i went into the hospital for a week or 2 and had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder and had pancreatitis and gall stones and kidney stones. So i was pretty sick and couldnt really do much. Had no fluid in my band for about 3 1/2 weeks and i didnt gain but i didnt lose... I got a fill last monday and i have lost 6lbs so far...still cant work out yet other than walking and just a little frustrated with that...So i am almost 5 months post op and for almost an entire month i couldnt do anything...
  • Hey, I will send you a friend request. Also, if you are on facebook, please come find me, Lesley Lapbandish Melvin. We also have a group on Facebook, Bodacious Bariatric Babes Band. Come find us!!!
    :happy:
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You've lost a ton of weight for just being banded! That's amazing. Sorry you had a tough time. I am glad you are feeling better now.

What is your goal? How much more would you like to lose?
  • hhamilton1203
    Options
    Thank you- I am very Driven :) Have a great support system. My goal is another 60lbs... The Dr said once i hit my goal weight we can talk about maybe going down 10 or so more lbs but he would be happy with me losing another 60 :)
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP for quite some time, but just found this group. I was banded in June 2009. I lost 12 pounds before surgery, then another 13 in the 2 months after. Then I hit a stall and lost nothing for the next 4 months. I joined MFP in Jan 2010 and lost another 15 pounds in the next few months. I hit another plateau and couldn't seem to budge. I joined a new gym and adjusted my workouts and slowly the weight started to come off. Last June I was about 3 pounds from goal. I stayed at that weight for several months and in Jan 2012, I had abdoninoplasty to remove the excess skin from my lower abs. That gave me the incentive to push just a bit more and I finally reached my goal this past week. I have not seen the 120"s in over 24 years! It feels great to no longer be over weight. I love my band, even though sometimes it does give me grief!

Lynn
  • hhamilton1203
    Options
    WOW thats awesome congrats ... i cant wait till i hit my goal weight and have the surgery... Did your insurance pay for it? how long were you out of work? how was the healing time?
  • Janeen41
    Janeen41 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the group and I will be having my surgery May 7th. I am very worried about the liquid diet before surgery. I am a massage therapist and I am used to having fiber one bars and nuts and such in between clients if needed. Unfortunately the one place that I work does not have a fridge available for protein shakes or stuff. Any suggestions on what a girl can do? How did you get through your liquid diet phase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi Janeen. You will make it. Do you have a softsided lunch bag or cooler. If not, it is well worth the investment. That and a bunch of the ice packs you can pop into the fridge every night. Take your shakes, jello, broth, etc. Also, sugar free popsicles were my savior. I don't think I would have made it those 2 weeks without them. My partner at work said everytime she saw me I had a popsicle in my mouth. I had my band done Aug 4, 2011 and have had a pretty good time at it. Just remember, this is a means to an end. It is a Marathon and not a sprint. I wish I had done the band a long time ago. Friend request coming at you.