Most and least favorite activities on Sports Active 2?

Options
I find Mountain Climbers really horrible, as I never quite understand how to do them properly.
On the other hand, Mountain Boarding is really fun, even though my thighs tend to burn hard after a few jumps and squats.

What activities do you like and hate?

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Well let me see, I would have to say the Mountain Climbers are killer (getting better at it but killer). Also those Alternating jump squats. Those are just hard.

My most favorite is when the game is paused and I am drinking water. LOL Does that count. :bigsmile:
    Seriously though I would have to say the Arm Curls, Shoulder Presses, and Step Aerobics.

JAC
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    My least, other than mountain climbers, (I'm actually starting to like stride jumps now) would be lateral arm raises. I try to stck with my dumbells doing them, and they can be hard. Also theres a squat jump and quarter turn one that I hurt my knee on when I started with EASA2 that i'm not to fond of.

Oh fast kickups too... Sometimes they don't register good for me.

MY FAVORITE is Mountain biking ON HARDEST Setting! The last hill is soooooo long and I always try to pass the last rider there!

The 10min Step is pretty cool too, I use the 4in board riser and ankleweights when I want a good sweat, along with some good tunes. : )
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ha I haven't done the mountain climbers yet but by the way it sounds can't wait lol.My least favorite would have to be the jumping side to side and the front to back one's they are absolutely torture on my thighs and calves..my favorite would have to be the dodgeball,I always loved that in school lol.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i hate the mountain climbers I just cant do it without falling over , and I hate the jogging circuits because my sensors dont seem to pick up the fact im jogging like a crazy woman and the character on screen is just about walking!

My favourite activity is probably the plank , I used to do a lot of pilates so that kind of thing is easy enough for me :-)
  • OtekahSunshield
    OtekahSunshield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the step aerobics. It's so much fun, and almost relaxing after everything else the silly game makes me do!

I hate hate HATE doing lunges. HHAATTEEE. >.>
  • puppycloud
    Options
    I have to admit, I cheat on the Stride Jumps. I don't squat as much as the silly lady does.

The sensors never work when I'm Goalkeeper, but only the jumps to the right - so I end up almost having to jump into the bookcase next to our TV!

Step Aerobics is fun! I imagine what an idiot I must look like in my pink pajama pants waving crazily with my arms to burn more calories as I try to keep up with the music. :D
  • Heather_Jen
    Options
    My least, other than mountain climbers,

Oh fast kickups too... Sometimes they don't register good for me.

I AGREE!!! Stixx... those mountain climbers are awful for me.. my wrists dont like them either. And the fastkickups never register right for me either... I find when I really move my arms more, they register better, but thats not foolproof either.

Probably the activities that dont register are the most frustrating for me.. so Im thinking of purchasing a new sensor bar to see if that helps. I'll let ya know if it does.
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    I've recently found that Mountain Climbers are easier on the wrists/hands, If I do them off my coffee table which is 16in high. Its easier to hold onto, but will still make you sweat!

The fast kickups, sometime they register, sometimes they don't for me I don't know why.

The sensor bar that came with the Wii, only communicates with the Wiimote. The arm and legs sensors communicate with the little white EA thing you plugged into your Wii, So changing the Wiis sensor bar will have no effect on Fast Kickups.

Overall, EASA Does Keep me working out! It's great that we can come here and post out stats...
  • puppycloud
    Options
    I've found that the PS sensors have gotten more responsive. I had some problems with the kickups and running in the beginning, but now it registers fine. (Or maybe it's I that have gotten better at moving?)

I still cannot do mountain climbers! Maybe I'll try holding onto a table next time.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the jogging and knee ups cause I have a kinect full body sensor and it still doesn't seem to recognize when I'm killing myself running,still seems to think I'm walking I literally have to exagerate every movement on these and sometimes wish I could just skip right by them.Very frustrating!!
  • kitkwilts
    kitkwilts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too find mountain climbers really hard.
    I find that wearing gloves helps a little and using the bottom step of our staircase raises my upper body...allows me to get through it...
    Even with all this, I end up with some sort of upside down 'foot fires'. :indifferent:
    i am not too worried as I keep my eye on my heart beat and calorie burn...that's what it's all about.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I hate the jump strides and mountain climbers. I love the step aerobics.
  • Wysawyg
    Wysawyg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 9 week medium workout and just had my first set of Mountain Climbers today. I admit I cheated a little as the lady on the screen seemed to be doing an impossible drag forward/drag back of her feet at the same time. I just bent one leg forward then the other back then the other forward and the first leg back. Even with that I had to pause a couple of times to catch my breath!

What's the 'correct' way to do them?!
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/mountain-climber-exercise.html
    Here is an article about the mountain climbers exercise.
  • Kikmaidog
    Kikmaidog Posts: 2
    Options
    We've argued about the right way to do Mountain Climbers in other threads before too :) I think the only way possible for me to do them is in the pushup position and kind of running with my legs, bringing the knee up to the chest. If you watch the intro video for EASA2 that plays when you first boot up the game (at least on PS3) you see a lady doing mountain climbers just like that. I tried to do them the way I've seen on youtube and I actually injured myself doing it. Either way I still find them really really hard and they used to be my most hated exercise, but these days I'm kind of getting used to them.

The one I hate these days is split squats with overhead triceps. For some reason the start of the tricep lift doesn't register well for me, and my arms get really tired waiting for it to recognize. In the latter part of hard I think Shoulder Presses get really tough too (with 5kg dumbbells), but my least 3 favorite because of their intensity is the reverse lunges with high knee jumps, and the alternating split squat jumps.. but they all bow down to the _FORTY_SECOND_SQUAT_HOLD_ - that thing just makes me want to cry.

I love the stride jumps, running, and well.. the cool downs and the drinking water :)

I also have problems with the goalkeeper on the right hand saves by the way (on PS3), I found if when you lean right you move both your hands up and down once, almost like a wave with both hands out to the right - it seems to register it successfully.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    Luv Step Aerobics and the Boxing
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    I think those foot fires and the leg raises are my least favorite now. I can do them but they are sooo hard. LOL.