Hitting your plateau...how to get over it

Options
Hello group! I've been counting the calories and exercising several days a week and have been losing weight. Yet, for the past few weeks, I can't seem to lose any more weight no matter what I do. I'd love to get some suggestions on what worked for you to get past this point. Thanks!:tongue:

Replies

• narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    for me i increased my water intake... absolutely had the scale moving.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've also read changing up your exercise routine/different exercises. Haven't gone through that stage myself. Good luck!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have tried all of the above and I'm not sure what *exactly* got the scale moving but I'm thinking it was more intense exercise - decreasing and increasing calories didn't *seem* to make a huge difference.

Now that I think about it, for me, patience was probably the best solution :blushing:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer to this question. I have been STUCK since January. Nothing I have done to change things has helped at all and to say I am frustrated would be the biggest understatement of the year! Sorry!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Mobility. Adding more mobility for me.

I would do a small walk once a day, but it wasn't enough. Now I've added multpul short walks, and three days high impact cardo with the Zumba to get me a bit of a sweat.

Dropping out soda, juice ect has helped tremendously. I exclusively drink water, milk, and sometimes add things like mio to my drink. Rarely if I need to meet my calorie goals (cus I have a problem of not being hungry, so I try to meet the magical net-worth of 1.2k calories a day) by drinking a protein shake (the Guiene Muscle Milks are great, because they're Lactose free, but not almond milk!)
  • polaris8
    polaris8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find my body learns and adjusts to my eating and exercuse routines. So, I try to shake up the patterns by "tricking" my system when I hit a plateau. For instance, I track my carbohydrate intake and if I have been under 50 grams a day for a while (ie in ketosis), I'll push them up to 50-100 grams a day. If the reverse is true, I'll drop them to 50 or less. I also randomly do partial-day fasts to break my patterns as well. I'll skp eating for half a day and make up the calories on either side. It keeps my metabolism guessing. These tactics seem to kick start my weight loss again. My suggestion is to really look at your patterns and see how you can alter them. Try different experiments and see what happens and what works best for you. Best of luck.