What stage are you at on30ds? How are you finding it?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm on level1 day 6 & its still well and truly kicking my *kitten*. Am really struggling with the strength side on things but just trying to mosey on through it.

Hope your all well, take care and push play (as jillian would say) lol

Replies

• sarat1987
    sarat1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today is day 7. I'm finding it alot easier than day one! What weights are you using? I think I may need to up mine but the arm raises with side lunges kick my *kitten*!

Keep struggling on and remember, you can stay on level one until you feel like you're ready to move up. Just take it at your own pace and don't get frustrated if you feel like you're not improving as quick as you would like.

Keep on shredding!
  • amyinGA
    amyinGA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today was day 5 for me. I have a lot more endurance than day 1. The hardest part for me is the jumping jacks / jumping rope senquence. I still haven't done that part for the solid two minutes.

I'm also having a hard time w/ the arm lifts during the side lunges. I'm using 3 pound weights.

I was able to do my first push up (without knees) yesterday! I could only do two, though, but still - an accomplishment for me!
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    I think the cardios easy its the push ups and lunges I can't even complete without stopping :(

For weights I use a tin of baked beans in each hand lol
  • KM1970
    KM1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I did the shred, I found level 2 to be the hardest...level 3 was challenging, but level 2 really kicked my tail for the first few workouts...
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    I am on Day 4 Level 2. It is making me sweat way more than level 1, but I love it. I had strep throat and had to take 2 days off, so that may be why I am sweating so much! The moves are much harder, in my opinion, but I can feel it is working for sure!
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1. I use 5 pound weights, but When I do the side lunges with arm lifts I only use one and hold it with both hands. This way I can almost get through them!

Question is, do I move on to level 2 before I can really do the push ups?
  • Liv829
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1. I use 5 pound weights, but When I do the side lunges with arm lifts I only use one and hold it with both hands. This way I can almost get through them!

Question is, do I move on to level 2 before I can really do the push ups?

I moved on only able to do girly pushups. It is personal preference, I am sure, but maybe when I start the shred again I will do the man style ones. Good luck!
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Im on lvl 1 day 5 atm... definitely feel it working already! struggling with the push ups but managed to do 15 beginner ones!! I couldnt even do one to start with so its getting better!

Not so much looking forward to lvl 2 as I hear many people HATE that lvl!.. We`ll see!

Will post pics when im done!
  • mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im on lv 1 day 3 (just done) im finding the first circuit hard but i hate push ups, dont mind circuit 2 or circuit 3 except from the side lunges with arms i dont like those gets me grunting just to get through lol, but when i get towards the end on the last cardio feel quite good think its because i know the end is coming :laugh: . Still ache everyday though stairs are not my friends hoping this will stop soon as my muscles should be getting used to it.
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 2 and my *kitten* is getting well and truly kicked (but it's higher and harder!). The oblique planks at the end are a real KILLER :noway:

I am burning around 50 calories more (215 las night) on this level which shows how much harder it pushes you. Oh, and I noticed my biceps are developing for the first time last night too - and my girls tell me my tummy no longer sticks out more than my boobs so something must be happening :laugh:
  • Liv829
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 2 and my *kitten* is getting well and truly kicked (but it's higher and harder!). The oblique planks at the end are a real KILLER :noway:

I am burning around 50 calories more (215 las night) on this level which shows how much harder it pushes you. Oh, and I noticed my biceps are developing for the first time last night too - and my girls tell me my tummy no longer sticks out more than my boobs so something must be happening :laugh:

I love this! You have to love kids honesty! I am noticing results, too. Awesome!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 7 today - the cardio still kills me, I hate ab work (always have, probably because I have never seen my abs, there has always been fat on them even when I was thinner). I am getting stronger though and almost look forward to doing this each day. I am very scared to move on to the next levels - afraid of failure!
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    Everyone's doing fab, just to struggle through it is something for now for me anyways, I mite do it this time struggling through then do it again starting from the beginning and try& fully master it.

Keep it up everyone :) x
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing fab, just to struggle through it is something for now for me anyways, I mite do it this time struggling through then do it again starting from the beginning and try& fully master it.

Keep it up everyone :) x

This is exactly my plan. I am going to do through it 10 days at each level (with an odd day break here and there if I need it) and do whatever I can whether it be the harder or easier version. then start again froms cratch but do the whole thing on the kick *kitten* and not allow myself any of the easier versions.

I must admit I am already managing most of the harder versions in Level Two with the exception of the knee highs (I have arthritis in both knees and one hip so this in one is TOUGH for me!) and the walk out push ups which I can't get right down on, but apart from that I am with Natalie all the way..... I just wish I had those beautiful long legs not my pathetic 27 inch inside leg jobbies......... she is soooo graceful :heart: I am screaming on some of the upper body moves though :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 3...it is SO HARD..i am getting through it,but it is very very VERY hard on my hands and ankles.. and all those planks..whew! i have no upper body strength whatsoever and it is literally making me sweat to my *kitten*..but it is a good thing though!! :)
    Usually by the end of the 27mins i start feeling nauseous!!!
  • taylor0911
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 4 and I definitely burn a sweat!! I find the cardio quite easy but i've never done strength work before so I find that the hardest part. I can JUST manage to do the push ups without stopping. I'm trying to constantly challenge myself: once I hit day 5 i'm going to make sure I do all my moves the harder ways e.g. full on pushups not female ones. Also adding my weights and stuff! Good luck everyone!
  • pammielangley
    pammielangley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI

Today will be level 1 day 2, but I alternate days with Jillain's elliptical IFIT work outs and a session based on her hot body box (exercise cards and circuit work outs).

I like to think that after 16 sessions of Jillian on the eliptical that I am getting fit but she knocks me back down to size with 30DS. It is the combined strength moves that are the killer I cannot get the side lunge thing with the lateral raise sorted I must look like a bad case of flapping duck syndrome :-)