Hi all

Options
ladymidge
ladymidge Posts: 11 Member
Hey, I have already signed up for a Tri in the middle of May. I am a busy mom(like all moms) and need some extra support to train for the Tri. I did one last May and absolutely loved it. It was such a good experience for me. I am just interested in making some new friends.

Replies

• crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I swim, bike and walk/jog. Not sure if I'm going to do another triathlon but please feel free to add me for support!
  • ladymidge
    Options
    Why wouldn't you do another one? :smile:
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi! Which triathlon are you doing? I would love to look at what you're training for!
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The last tri I was in I had a bad bike accident. I did manage to get going after being checked out by the medics and did finish the race... but I have been afraid of my bike ever since. Now that the weather is getting nicer in CT I hope to get on a bike again...first at the beach on a flat, quiet area and hopefully conquer my fear.
  • ladymidge
    Options
    I am training for Women of Steel it's in May in UT. I would like to do triathamom in August.
    http://www.triutah.com/events/7th-annual-woman-of-steel-triathlon-5k/
    http://www.gotriathamom.com/

That would be very scathe to crash, I am sorry that happened.
  • PaddlingTriGirl
    PaddlingTriGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    After years of watching my husband do triathlons, I was finally inspired enough to train for my first try a tri. In fall 2009 I started running, having only run for soccer before (and never more than 5 k). I gradually increased my distances and tracked every single workout on a spreadsheet. I also started learning how to properly do the front crawl - i.e., head IN the water. :) I don't remember doing much biking, though I did ride a stationary bike at the Y.

In summer 2010 I did my first try a tri and did FAR better than I expected to. Right away I signed up for another try a tri and 2 sprint races later in the summer.

In summer 2011 I did 7 triathlons - 5 sprint and 2 Olympic. I am NOWHERE near the podium but I love it!

In summer 2012 I will do 6 races (4 sprint and 2 Olympic).

I have at least 30 pounds to lose, and just joined MFP last week. Hoping the weight loss will speed me up! :)
  • dandy_girl
    dandy_girl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yesterday, I signed up for my first Sprint Triathlon! It is on June 24th! I decided that 2012 was the year I would get back my competetive edge, and I started training for a half-marathon (in August). I wanted to set some goals and get some races in, and then I decided to shake it up with the tri! I'm super excited, and nervous!

They say the difference between a runner and jogger in an entry form... I feel like signing up for a tri makes me an "athlete" again... hey- it's only been 20 years since I held that title! :)

Good luck to all of you!
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just joined this group! I haven't done a tri yet but have been working for a sprint sometime in the up coming months. Is anyone here in the Ft. Worth area?