Little results after a week!!!

Options
TKHappy
TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
I've only been doing Insanity for a week...week 1 under my belt!! Even though it has only been a week well I'm seeing changes, like I have biceps LOL!! Anyone else have little changes...I wanna hear about it!! See them!! :)

IMAG4109.jpg

Replies

• christinaz1985
    christinaz1985 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week. I was just talking about my new little biceps yesterday! I love them! lol I definitely can see some ab and calves definition now too...something for you to look forward to!
  • TKHappy
    Options
    I'm on my third week. I was just talking about my new little biceps yesterday! I love them! lol I definitely can see some ab and calves definition now too...something for you to look forward to!

Yay!! :) I dream of Day 60 LOL!!!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just keep going and you will see results if you follow it. It's a 60 day program and it takes 60 days to see results. You will be re doing the fit test at 2 weeks so even if you don't feel you have seen "results" you will see improvement in yoru ability which is also results~! A lot of people don't see actual inches and weight lost until they are into the 2nd month. In fact some people gain a little when first starting a new program but don't get discouraged eat right and do the workouts they do work!\

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help you with!

Mary
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I almost finished with week 4 and did not lose any weight or inches yet :). Tho I have more upper body muscle mass.
    I ate 1800-2000 cal according to insanity nutrition. I plan to cut down my calorie to see if I can lose some weight.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    my arms are looking better. my back is more defined. not seeing a lot of changes in the stomach area and i have not lost weight... actually i gained a little this week. but i don't understand since i am eating 1700-1800 calories. that should nto be enough to gain weight... but i dont know.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Just keep going and you will see results if you follow it. It's a 60 day program and it takes 60 days to see results. You will be re doing the fit test at 2 weeks so even if you don't feel you have seen "results" you will see improvement in yoru ability which is also results~! A lot of people don't see actual inches and weight lost until they are into the 2nd month. In fact some people gain a little when first starting a new program but don't get discouraged eat right and do the workouts they do work!\

Mary

this i don't understand... how am i gaining weight when i'm only eating 1700-1800... doesn't seem right! but yeah, i will be sticking with it.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Mary

this i don't understand... how am i gaining weight when i'm only eating 1700-1800... doesn't seem right! but yeah, i will be sticking with it.

Its water weight :) Anytime you start a new program its normal for weight to stay the same or go up in the first few weeks. Im in the same boat but im ok with this. Your muscles hold on to water to repair themselves. So you could look at it as you are getting the most out of it if your weight isnt changing. Make sure to also gauge your progress by how much more fit you feel and/or inches are moving. Like some have stated you might not start seeing a scale loss until month 2 and even then its normal if it isn't drastic.
  • MJ7910
    Options

Mary

Its water weight :) Anytime you start a new program its normal for weight to stay the same or go up in the first few weeks. Im in the same boat but im ok with this. Your muscles hold on to water to repair themselves. So you could look at it as you are getting the most out of it if your weight isnt changing. Make sure to also gauge your progress by how much more fit you feel and/or inches are moving. Like some have stated you might not start seeing a scale loss until month 2 and even then its normal if it isn't drastic.

but here's what's weird... the first week of insanity i lost weight. the second week, it was back.. how could that be water weight?
  • JasmineMomOf2
    Options
    I just finished day 6 today, and I see changes. My thighs used to be jiggly now they seem toned. I have quad definition by my knee. Im super excited :)
  • TKHappy
    Options
    I just finished day 6 today, and I see changes. My thighs used to be jiggly now they seem toned. I have quad definition by my knee. Im super excited :)

That is great!!! I've also noticed my legs looking more muscular :) Yay!!
  • TKHappy
    Options

Mary

but here's what's weird... the first week of insanity i lost weight. the second week, it was back.. how could that be water weight?

Your muscles retain water as they get stronger....there is a crazy science behind it LOL!! I think your body is doing exactly as it should. :)
  • MJ7910
    Options

Mary

Your muscles retain water as they get stronger....there is a crazy science behind it LOL!! I think your body is doing exactly as it should. :)

I"m not going to quit or anything, i just feel a little bit saddened that i'm actually gaining weight from this. i am working my *kitten* off and i see a gain?! so i am holding out judegement until the second month. i keep thinking "maybe i should eat less" but i dont' see how eating less than 1800 is going to be a good thing. my tdee is like 1900 so theoretically i should be losing. i don't feel sore muscles anymore, is it still possible that muscles are "repairing"...?
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you are gaining weight, I doubt it is permanent unless you are seriously overeating. I gained 2 lbs last week during my first week of Insanity, and I was pissed lol. The scale read almost 202. I weighed myself again during this second week, and I am now 198...crazy right. I was never a believer in the weight gain after a new program theory, but I think it is really true. After I started Jillian Michaels, I gained weight every time I started a new level of her program, but after 1 week I noted a 2lbs lost every time.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Honestly, if you are gaining weight, I doubt it is permanent unless you are seriously overeating. I gained 2 lbs last week during my first week of Insanity, and I was pissed lol. The scale read almost 202. I weighed myself again during this second week, and I am now 198...crazy right. I was never a believer in the weight gain after a new program theory, but I think it is really true. After I started Jillian Michaels, I gained weight every time I started a new level of her program, but a 1 week later, I noted a 2lbs lost.

i dont know... 4 lb in 2 weeks and it not coming off seems like a lot. also i am finishing week 3. it shoudl have stabilized by then, i would think.
  • LeahBryson
    Options
    I only lost 1.5lbs after the first 2 weeks but lost a total of 10.5 inches! Keep in mind you're gaining some muscle doing this too & it weighs more than fat! I had to take a break for a few days after the first 2 weeks because I could feel an injury coming on in my knee...& ironically during that time I lost another 2.5 lbs. I was pushing myself WAY too hard by getting on the elliptical for 30-40min on top of the Insanity workout...now I'm only doing elliptical on recovery & rest days & am feeling much better!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I only lost 1.5lbs after the first 2 weeks but lost a total of 10.5 inches! Keep in mind you're gaining some muscle doing this too & it weighs more than fat! I had to take a break for a few days after the first 2 weeks because I could feel an injury coming on in my knee...& ironically during that time I lost another 2.5 lbs. I was pushing myself WAY too hard by getting on the elliptical for 30-40min on top of the Insanity workout...now I'm only doing elliptical on recovery & rest days & am feeling much better!

Nice job on the weight loss! 10.5 inches in 2 weeks is awesome!