30DS - When will you move to Level 2?

Options
I've been doing Level 1 for a few weeks on and off, but I'm motivated thanks to this group to keep it up everyday for 30 days!

I'm nowhere near it, but when will you move on to Level 2? I have to do a modified jumping jack (ahem, bladder control), modified push-up, and I'm using 5lb weights (I switch to 1 lbs if I feel like dying).

It's definitely gotten better, but are you ladies gonna wait til you can do the push-up correctly, etc? Any thoughts would be welcome!!

Replies

• kaylyngt
    kaylyngt Posts: 53
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. I have done it for about 3 weeks pretty steadily and still can't do the easy part of level 1. I have the same issue with jumping jacks (ugh!), have to do push ups on my knees and even then can't do it the whole time, and can't even use my 3 lb weights through the whole thing. I would like to at least feel like I can do it without stopping before I move on, but I'm afraid I'll never get to that point. Any one else have any thoughts?
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for 10 days with one rest day so 11 days total. I just finished day 2 of level 2 today. I just do 10 days straight with one day of rest in there somewhere. I don't do some of the moves perfect and others I do well. I am never going to be like the girls in the video! Regardless I move on. I keep to the 30 days as closely as possible. I did this with the Ripped in 30 and I got great results. I do do cardio in addition to the Jillian though. I think if your just doing the DVD that it is important you keep at it for the 30 days straight with a rest day for each level if possible. The more you push your body without risk of injury the faster and more results you will see. Otherwise I think your body isn't being challenged.
    As far as moving on. Move on girls! We will never be perfect! I have a hard time with a few of the exercises and so I just put a different exercise in it's place but I make sure if it's cardio then I choose a cardio exercise to replace it. I have back issues so I can't do some of the bending over/down with my legs straight exercises so I just modify or replace but I make sure I'm working! I was so excited to get through my first Jillian DVD and move on to this one and I'm already getting excited to finish this one and move on to the ab workout Jillian has.
    I am burning like 50-60 more calories doing level 2 vs. level 1 what about you guys?
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm planning on doing Level 1 for 10 days
    Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

No rest in-between.

This is the plan anyway :laugh:
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for 10 days with one rest day so 11 days total. I just finished day 2 of level 2 today. I just do 10 days straight with one day of rest in there somewhere. I don't do some of the moves perfect and others I do well. I am never going to be like the girls in the video! Regardless I move on. I keep to the 30 days as closely as possible. I did this with the Ripped in 30 and I got great results. I do do cardio in addition to the Jillian though. I think if your just doing the DVD that it is important you keep at it for the 30 days straight with a rest day for each level if possible. The more you push your body without risk of injury the faster and more results you will see. Otherwise I think your body isn't being challenged.
    As far as moving on. Move on girls! We will never be perfect! I have a hard time with a few of the exercises and so I just put a different exercise in it's place but I make sure if it's cardio then I choose a cardio exercise to replace it. I have back issues so I can't do some of the bending over/down with my legs straight exercises so I just modify or replace but I make sure I'm working! I was so excited to get through my first Jillian DVD and move on to this one and I'm already getting excited to finish this one and move on to the ab workout Jillian has.
    I am burning like 50-60 more calories doing level 2 vs. level 1 what about you guys?
    This is awesome! First off,....Congratulations to you!!! Secondly, Thank you so much for posting this, I now have a goal in my head and I will do each level for 10 days, I wasn't sure what i was going to do or for how long but what you said makes complete sense!!! Day 4 of level 1 for me today!!
  • Bordelinski
    Options
    My plan is to stay at each level for 9 days, 2 on then 1 off for 3 circuts. Then do level 1 and 2 together on day 28 and level 2&3 together on day 29. Take off on day 30 before starting something new. My wsy of thinking is we atr strength training and your muscles need rest to repair themselves.
  • mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

No rest in-between.

This is the plan anyway :laugh:

This is also how im planning to do it, i only have to do the modified push ups but dont think i would ever be able to do the harder ones no matter how long it do it for lol
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did Level One for 11 days with a day rest at day 3 (when I seized up solid!) Now on Day 3 of Level 2 and doing OK - still not perfect on the push ups (which are now walking out too :noway: ), but I am OK with everything else and doing more of the harder versions than the modified versions too.

I started Level 2 "on time" as it were as I was starting to find Level 1 much easier (apart from the dreaded push ups that is!) so I though I'd give it a go. It is much tougher than Level 1, but it is do-able so I will stick at it.

I plan to go to Level 3 once I start finding Level 2 much easier.... which I can't see happening for a while yet - those oblique planks at the end of the last abs set are a KILLER :sad: (we need a cross-eyed smiley girls!).

Oh, and I noticed last night that I am developing wee biceps :smile:
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I burned an average of 161-165 on Level One and I burned 210 and 215 so far on Level 2 (only on Day 2 so far)............ boy do I SWEAT! So I am similar to you at around 50 more
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    Eep i'm dreading level 2, i'm on day 8 tomorrow of level 1 but I will do it :angry: <
    this isn't my angry but it is my determined face
  • coriner
    coriner Posts: 9
    Options
    K, I think I'm gonna try 10 days on Level 1 then see how I feel. I'll tell you, after doing Level 1 off and on for a while, I am much better with the exercises. I thought I was gonna die on the first day. I'm curious about the Level 2 after reading you're comments. :) I'll have to wait! No injuries!
  • violetfleuri
    violetfleuri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quote:

Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

No rest in-between.

Me too. And as a reward for beating this DVD in 30 days, I am going to buy Body Revolution! /dance