Favourite Slimming World Meals

bb_1982
bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
Hello

I just started slimming world last week, enjoying it so far even enjoying cooking and normally the husband does all the cooking!!

I brought a couple of the recipe books to get me started and all the meals look so yummy but I find sometimes that sometimes recipes dont taste as good as they look iykwim?

So what is your favourite recipe? And what is your favourite low syn sweet treat?
Thanks in advance for the insperation :happy:

Replies

• Hi. Erm where do I start? The recipe books are great but often we will use recipes from other books/magazines and "slimming world" them ourselves - ie missing out oil and changing certain ingredients.

My fail safe will often be wedges or SW chips as they are nice and easy to bung in the oven. Burgers are a good one, using extra lean mince, some fry light fried onions and whatever herbs/spices you fancy to liven it up and served in a HEB bread roll with some wedges and salad is lovely.

Diet coke chicken is a recipe I'd seen raved about quite a lot but not something I really fancied, but after trying it we were converted - very nice indeed. We have made the pasta ragu out of the latest magazine a couple of times and that was really nice.

If you like fish pies, I convert a Jamie Oliver recipe (google his fish pie) and I use fry light in place of oil or omit competely - its an interesting recipe as he uses cheese in it, so I use low fat cheese and adjust the amounts slightly so I'm using it as HEA's - very tasty.

There are probably loads of others but my mind has gone blank! :)
  • vanderandkarl
    vanderandkarl Posts: 87 Member
    hi been doing SW for 8 weeks now i love a few of thier recipes

beef chilli noodles is lush i always add exta peppers, onion and mushroom to it :)

the egg fried rice is another fav in my house
    the diet coke and the fanta chicken are both really good too

:)