Hell Run September

Options
Hey is anyone here participating in the Hell Run in September?

Looking for advice on how to workout for that one !

Replies

• MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey is anyone here participating in the Hell Run in September?

Looking for advice on how to workout for that one !

What is the Hell Run? Also, where?
  • itsalaina
    itsalaina Posts: 27
    Options
    Its a 3 mile, 12 obstacle course, run in Carnation WA. Lots of mud involved.
    Here is the link to the website: http://www.hellrun.com/seattle/#/Hell_Course

It looks like a lot of fun. I've never done any sort of obstacle course or run for that matter.

you should check it out!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh my God that looks awesome :laugh: I'll have to talk it over with my friends...:drinker:
  • itsalaina
    Options
    do it! i'm sure it'll be lots of fun! especially with the free beer involved and the tone loc concert :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    WAIT WAIT WAIT....

I live close to carnation...and there will be free beer AND tone loc? I'm in.
  • itsalaina
    Options
    yea! it looks like a lot of fun. One free beer for entering the race, a beer garden afterwards, AND a Tone Loc concert at the end of the day.

be prepared to get muddy!
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The Hell Run is fun. I did it in 2011, in fact I am wearing my shirt from it right now. I did a couple of obstacle runs, Warrior Dash, Survivor Mud Run and the Hell Run. Hope you all sign up, its going to be a blast.
  • nicolynn33
    nicolynn33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its a 3 mile, 12 obstacle course, run in Carnation WA. Lots of mud involved.
    Here is the link to the website: http://www.hellrun.com/seattle/#/Hell_Course

It looks like a lot of fun. I've never done any sort of obstacle course or run for that matter.

you should check it out!

I'm doing one in the begining of June in Carnation. I think its called Mud Run though. It may be the same course, but different obsticles.
  • itsalaina
    Options
    I saw the one that's happening in June, I'd love to do it but I have no one to go with me. Maybe next year though!
    I am really looking forward to the one I'm doing, If I like it I'll probably do more.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    They are fun and addicting. Once you do one you'll want to do more. Don't forgot that it is encouraged to run the race in a costume or group theme costumes.
  • seattle_bikegrrl
    seattle_bikegrrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just signed up with a friend...did you ever get any pointers on training to better tackle the obstacles? If not, does anyone out there have any? I know you can skip obstacles...but I don't want to if I don't have to!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about training for it too. I'm signed up and can't wait! Mud, beer and Tone Loc - WOO!!

I don't want to skip any of the obstacles either but am not sure the best way to prepare and my backyard isn't big enough to build my own obstacle course to practice on. :ohwell:

The only advice I've gotten so far is wear tight-fitting clothes and shoes with the mud.