grand rapids runners unite

Options

Replies

• zuyddyk98
    zuyddyk98 Posts: 52
    Options
    3.5 miles this morning. I woke up with sore knees, and calfs, after the run I feel great.
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I did the Jig this year, first time in long time. Next race is the Zombie dash on the 21st, then the Riverbank run. I have Diemer, Reeds, and Bridge after that, then to finish the summer the Warrior Dash on 9/15.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'll be at the River Bank Run, but I'm working it with my niece.
  • primalchaos
    Options
    Wave if you see me in the herd :) I'm in the first heat of 5Kr's.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I did the Jig this year, first time in long time. Next race is the Zombie dash on the 21st, then the Riverbank run. I have Diemer, Reeds, and Bridge after that, then to finish the summer the Warrior Dash on 9/15.

I'll be doing the warrior dash in GR then, too! :) My first one, pretty excited!
  • primalchaos
    Options

I'll be doing the warrior dash in GR then, too! :) My first one, pretty excited!

Yes me too. I just started running late last year so this is a new experience. I'm in the first wave in the dash to get out and get back to the fun at the finish line.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Not exactly near GR, but I do live in Holland. Always looking for buddies to run/train with. (pref female)..I run 11-12min miles. Anyone is ever in the area, feel free to contact me. :smile:
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I'm running in a 5 mile race on Saturday, i am really excited . I can't wait!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm running in a 5 mile race on Saturday, i am really excited . I can't wait!

Good luck, I just ran my first race, a 10k in Ann Arbor on Sunday! Can't wait for the next one!
  • ToEKnee213
    Options

Will do!!!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    got on the treadmill for a nice 30 min jog. I feel great for my race Saturday, I am going to try and enjoy every minute of it.
  • primalchaos
    Options

Will do!!!

I'm doing the Zombie Dash next Saturday night at Robinette's. Great fun if anyone else is going.
  • primalchaos
    Options
    There's a Zombie Dash in Grand Rapids?? I've been looking for one but can't find the website. Do you have a reference?

http://thezombiedash.com/
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Is it sad that I am absolutely creeped out by the Zombie Dash or I would totally do it?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the Zombie dash!! I was planning on doing one in Indiana next year, but this seems more toned down and looks like a great beginner zombie run and I don't see an age limit so I am hoping me and my son can do this!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I ran my 5 mile race today and had sooo much fun! it was a beautiful course around this lake. I ran great and am totally hooked on running now.
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    way to go!
  • primalchaos
    Options
    Is it sad that I am absolutely creeped out by the Zombie Dash or I would totally do it?

I don't think it's going to be scary, will be hard to focus on zombies while running.
  • primalchaos
    Options
    I ran my 5 mile race today and had sooo much fun! it was a beautiful course around this lake. I ran great and am totally hooked on running now.

Great job!
  • primalchaos
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the Zombie dash!! I was planning on doing one in Indiana next year, but this seems more toned down and looks like a great beginner zombie run and I don't see an age limit so I am hoping me and my son can do this!

It depends on how old, but under 18 needs to run (or be a zombie) with an adult from what I saw.