How Many Calories are You Eating?

Options
I'm in Month 2 Week 2 right now and eating around 1600/day. This is an increase from my 1200-1400 before Insanity, but I'm wondering if I need to go up even more. I'm getting stronger and my body is leaner, but I can't for the life of me get through the plyo workouts with all those pushups! I really want to drop a few more pounds, but my weight is pretty consistent.

So how much are you guys eating during Insanity? My diary is open if anyone has suggestions!

Replies

• kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also in month two of the insanity program and I usually try to eat 1700-2000 calories a day. On the heavy workout days like plyo I find I need more food or else I get tired easily. But everyone is different, I think the best advice is to listen to your own body! During month 2 do you feel a lot hungrier? If so I think your body needs more fuel. During month 2 I've added a protein shake that I drink right after my workout and that seems to work for me! Add me if you want it's nice to have some beach body friends and my diary is open to friends :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Thanks! Any one else??
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    1990 plus my exercise calories so anywhere from 2100-2500 ish on days that I workout. 1900-2000 on days that I don't.

^^ starting tomorrow.

Up until now I've had my goal set to 1760 before exercise. I'm switching to maintenance tomorrow.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You know how much I eat :) I aim for 2400 and if I'm still hungry, I eat more!
  • markb283
    markb283 Posts: 6
    Options
    1220 + exercise, but I'm looking to lose 10lbs in the next month :) I will probably go over a bit, as 1220 is pretty low...
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    1220 + exercise, but I'm looking to lose 10lbs in the next month :) I will probably go over a bit, as 1220 is pretty low...

from what I can gather from all of these boards... you'll probably lose quicker if you eat more.
  • BackBySpring
    BackBySpring Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    aiming for 1200 but rising up to 1800 on heavy workout days or when I go running
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1500 to 1700 daily. I am in week 5 of P90X and OUCH I am hurting.