Bike Colors (what's yours?)

Options
crisanderson27
crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
So...my bike (06 Triumph Daytona 765) is currently a one off british racing green, with gold decals. It was painted this color before I bought it...and while I initially liked it...the paint is already chipping and peeling, and rather than it looking worn in and comfortable, it just looks ratty (to me anyhow).

So, I'm changing the paint. First...here's a rough photoshop approximation of the current color setup:

06Daytona675Green-1.jpg

And, here's the new one I mocked up (including custom decals and my racing company decal as well):

06Daytona675Custom-1.jpg

Anyhow, feel free to give your opinions...and also post up pictures of your bike. That goes for you cruiser types too =D.

Replies

• kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    I like it Cris.. think the new colors are going to be super sexy!
    I don't know how to post a pic of my baby.. can you walk me through it? thanks love
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I like it Cris.. think the new colors are going to be super sexy!
    I don't know how to post a pic of my baby.. can you walk me through it? thanks love

You have to have a photobucket, load them there, then use the [IMG][/IMG] tags, only with lower case img's lol.

If you email them to me, I'll put them up on my photobucket and post them hun.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    it looks really sharp. I'm a cruiser type and still like it! (ha ha) :drinker:
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    it looks really sharp. I'm a cruiser type and still like it! (ha ha) :drinker:

Thanks =D.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<< Kind of a Rose and Cream.
  • alisonst76
    Options
    I love that!!

I also love the white/ blue frame Daytona from a couple years ago.

My bike is your standard kawi lime green which I love
  • alisonst76
    Options
    are you getting your rims powder coated too ?
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    are you getting your rims powder coated too ?

For sure on the rims...paint isn't really durable enough.

The hardest part of this will be matching the paint and powder coat colors. I'm considering not using decals for the lettering, but using the vinyl in negative as a stencil, and painting them. That way there's no mismatch.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    By the way, I love Kawi green too...but I wanted something stupidly bright to offset the black. Here in Phoenix...visibility is a way of life...and even WITH it, you've still got an 80% chance of being road tar on any given day lol. Drivers here suck.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love them both. the green is very rich and something that isn't seen on the road much. The new color scheme screams young and fast. I really like that dayglo yellow
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I love them both. the green is very rich and something that isn't seen on the road much. The new color scheme screams young and fast. I really like that dayglo yellow

Thanks =D.

The green was very tough to match. The real color is a metallic british racing green. Here's a few pictures in different lighting:

Daytona675Side.jpg

20120316_143455-1-1.jpg

Personally I like the black and neon green most...for a couple reasons. This green the bike is now (while really a pretty color)...any mark shows up like it has a neon sign pointing to it. Finger prints, dust, scratches, etc...unless the bike is freshly cleaned, it looks like a rattle trap. I've had quite a few cars in satin (semi gloss) black, and it's a very easy color to maintain, and always looks clean. The dayglo will be a gloss, but it's not in areas that are touched with your hands often...so it works too.

Plus, like you said, it sort of screams 'I'M DOING 165MPH!!' while sitting parked lol.