Halal protein supplements

Options
arsalak
arsalak Posts: 40 Member
Does anyone know of any halal protein supplements.

Thanks

Replies

• me1283
    me1283 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm not sure what is in the protein supplements. Why aren't they halal??

But to answer your question. Try checking protein supplements for vegetarians. They maybe Halal.
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    if it doesnt contain animal fats like geletine n alchol then it be halal but i dont thin k they make halal supplements (with halal geletine)
  • savoringharam
    savoringharam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protein supplements? Whey protein is a great supplement! It is made out of milk. But, do not cut protein, such as meat or fish, completely out of your diet. Hope this helped!
  • newlife4cindy
    newlife4cindy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress whey protein powder which I mix with water/ice to make shakes. As far as I could tell from the list of ingredients, they are all plant based products and thus are halal. Body Fortress also makes protein shots that come in a large test tube looking vial. They give you 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat and 120 calories. Makes for a nice easy protein supplement.

Ingredient list:
    Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend, Creatine, Monohydrate, Taurine, L Glutamine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Lecithin, Sucralose

I would avoid anything capsulated, but the powders and drinks should be fine.
  • arsalak
    Options
    I use Body Fortress whey protein powder which I mix with water/ice to make shakes. As far as I could tell from the list of ingredients, they are all plant based products and thus are halal. Body Fortress also makes protein shots that come in a large test tube looking vial. They give you 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat and 120 calories. Makes for a nice easy protein supplement.

Ingredient list:
    Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend, Creatine, Monohydrate, Taurine, L Glutamine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Lecithin, Sucralose

I would avoid anything capsulated, but the powders and drinks should be fine.

Thanks for that. Do you use them as meal replacements or for snacks. I am not sure if I should still eat after having a protein shake. I have thought about mixing it with my breakfast cereal and Greek Yoghurt.
  • newlife4cindy
    newlife4cindy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use them for snacks and they are great post-workout - helps keep you from being sore the next day! If you are going to use them as a meal replacement, then i would add other ingredients to increase the calories. (bananas, berries, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter..whatever you like!)

if you go to this website, they have a whole list of different kind of shakes you can make. http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Smoothies and Shakes

i always buy vanilla and then if i want to make it chocolate, i just add cocoa powder and splenda :)
  • arsalak
    Options
    I use them for snacks and they are great post-workout - helps keep you from being sore the next day! If you are going to use them as a meal replacement, then i would add other ingredients to increase the calories. (bananas, berries, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter..whatever you like!)

if you go to this website, they have a whole list of different kind of shakes you can make. http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Smoothies and Shakes

i always buy vanilla and then if i want to make it chocolate, i just add cocoa powder and splenda :)

Thanks for that, I will use that website a lot now. ;-)

Thanks once again.