He even didnt raise me....

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
Going thru a tough time right now....

I posted on my facebook a few days ago bout going to gay pride in June.

My bio dad wrote on my status and said

"I didnt know gay ppl had pride"

It completely thru me into an obvlivious amount of anger.

I simply responded back with "everybody has pride in who they are"

Yet he contined with

"well you know how I feel about the gay issue.... god didnt show no mercy in the past... blah blah blah"

Little background on my father, he has been in and out of prison my WHOLE life and when he wasnt he barely took the time to contact me. Hes always been into the drug scene and is one of those types that miraciously "find god" when he is in prison and it only lasts a few mos before he is right back to his old self again.

I wrote back and said some very mean things to him in regards to the fact that he didnt raise me, dont know me, has no right to try n tell me who i can or cannot be now, only believes in god when hes in prison, ect ect.

My main point if your gonna shove the bible in my face for one then you might wanna shove the fact that I had my son out of wedlock, that I am no longer a virgin (never been married) and that I am back talking my parents... where does the stoning begin?!

He told me not to judge his "godly ways" because he dont judge my (dont wanna say it) ways, that didnt even have do with my sexuality but the fact that my son is half black....

So not only does my biological father disapprove of the fact that I am pansexual but also the fact that I date black guys....
Does it ever end??

He didnt even raise me....

Was kicking him out of mine and my sons life the right thing to do??

I just wanted to share my recent struggle with you guys.

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    Options
    awww crap.

The name of the topic is so incorrect.

*He didnt EVEN raise me.

Sorry!!!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Fun fact people like him tend to ignore: Issues of historical socio-linguistics aside, Jesus never said a word about gay people.

And yes. you should have kicked him out imo. It's not to say he can't be a part at some point in the future when he actually finds God that doesn't hate.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Fun fact people like him tend to ignore: Issues of historical socio-linguistics aside, Jesus never said a word about gay people.

And yes. you should have kicked him out imo. It's not to say he can't be a part at some point in the future when he actually finds God that doesn't hate.

I honestly could care less who he does or doesnt find.

My son will always be half black and he will never get over that.

Hes been racist my WHOLE life.

Plus my aunt whom I was named after has always been gay.
    I would like to see him say something like this to her, he will be knocked clear on his a**.

Smh...
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this isn't someone you need in your life. why should you try for a relationship when he, CLEARLY, isn't ever going to be supportive of you? you don't need that. you certainly don't deserve it. and you - unlike him - are a GOOD parent, and your son doesn't need that influence either. good riddance to bad rubbish.

IMO: there's no reason to try to build a relationship with someone like this just b/c of DNA.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    ^^^ Very true!!

I didnt need the relationship before, I certainly dont need it now.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with burning bridges, even (sadly) with family. Your son is adorable. My niece is half black and half white too, they make THE cutest babies ever, I swear! :P
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with burning bridges, even (sadly) with family. Your son is adorable. My niece is half black and half white too, they make THE cutest babies ever, I swear! :P

Yes they def do

My son has the same skin color as his daddy.

I wouldnt have had it any other way.

I love his brown skin. :heart:

Even if it does make me look super white. hahahaha.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have to make our own families. All kinds of best wishes for you and the family you make.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Well he's certainly an excellent example for you . . . of how not to be a parent. It sounds like you don't need him in your life, and like your son needs him even less.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Well he's certainly an excellent example for you . . . of how not to be a parent. It sounds like you don't need him in your life, and like your son needs him even less.

Exactly. SMh...
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't keep someone like that in my life!

Your son is adorable! I have two step cousins, one girl one boy, both half black, half white, both by different fathers, my step aunt has never been married and you know what? Her mother couldn't be more tickled pink that she has grandchildren! They're the cutest!

I'm sorry to hear your father isn't big enough to accept you for you.
  • crownedone
    Options
    I was never lucky enough to have children. So, I have never understood those fathers (and mothers, too, for that matter) who squander away the most precious gift one could ever have. That your father didn't love you and your son with everything in his being and embrace who you are is the biggest dumbass move of all. He seems like poison and you are right to not have him around. I would be proud to have you as a daughter and even more proud to have that precious grandchild.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I was never lucky enough to have children. So, I have never understood those fathers (and mothers, too, for that matter) who squander away the most precious gift one could ever have. That your father didn't love you and your son with everything in his being and embrace who you are is the biggest dumbass move of all. He seems like poison and you are right to not have him around. I would be proud to have you as a daughter and even more proud to have that precious grandchild.

Thank you.

That really meant a lot. :flowerforyou:
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    It sounds to me you are better off without him in your, or your son's, life. I'm sorry that you're going through such a hard time.
    You're not alone though, lots of people have these issues with their fathers. Hell, I haven't spoken to mine in years and that's the way I prefer it.
    I wish you luck coping with this. Hopefully you wont dwell on his hateful words.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    It sounds to me you are better off without him in your, or your son's, life. I'm sorry that you're going through such a hard time.
    You're not alone though, lots of people have these issues with their fathers. Hell, I haven't spoken to mine in years and that's the way I prefer it.
    I wish you luck coping with this. Hopefully you wont dwell on his hateful words.

Hes barely been apart of my life so ive been doing quite well.

Thank you. :o)