Week 1, Day 3, Mini Challenge: Veggie Belly!

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
Clinical and practical studies show that increasing your vegetables can aid in weightloss, as well as help balance your nutrients and provide healthy snacking options.

For some, this will be easy. Others will struggle.
The mini-goal for today is to eat at LEAST 3 servings of vegetables in any form other than fried.
This means, raw, steamed, boiled... Try to avoid any cooking that will result in "burned" veggies, since this can degrade nutrients and create harmful substances.

Try to make the three veggies three DIFFERENT veggies. Even better, research before eating, to see if they are better for you cooked or raw, and eat them as such! Example: Did you know that cooked tomatoes have a higher level of Lycopene than uncooked tomatoes?

Share your choices and cooking methods with the group in your response. Happy munching!

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My vegetable intake for most work week days is the 6-7 servings because I get them all in one sitting. Weird I know but this is how.

Lunch is
    1/2 Cup Broccoli Cut very small
    1/2 Cup Cauliflower Cut very small
    1/2 Cup Cucumber Sliced then into 1/4's
    1/2 Cup Red Peppers Diced
    1/2 Cup Carots Grated
    1/2 Cup Celery Sliced
    5 Grape Tomatoes

That is a LOT of veggies in one serving, and to add salad dressing to all that would add up a lot of calories, so we use 3/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese and 2 TBS No Fat Miricle whip. The lunch takes a while to eat, it is filling, the protien in the cottage cheese helps keep you full. The total calories is 265.

Our weekend veggies is lower, but still try to get 2-3 serving in. You can sneak veggies into most anything, when you try to.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    My added veggies today have been spinach, olives, and probably more spinach later. I am a spinach fiend!!! And the salad bar was lacking today :(
  • law2getfit
    law2getfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Boy that sounds good. lol. and I have learned to eat more veggies than before.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday! I had a salad with added tomatoes (Okay I know that's a fruit, shush). For dinner we had broccoli. Only got two types but there was two servings of broccoli with in that dinner. So, close??