Dirty Girl

Options
Ladies (and Gentleman)

I would really like to do the Dirty Girl mud run this year. Is anyone interested in forming a team?
I know some of us are at different levels in our running but isn't it about helping each other through our journey? I figured, what better way than this for everyone to get together?

Replies

• goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm all ready signed up for a start time of 11:15. If you do sign up do it quick.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that spot was already filled last time I looked if I remember correctly. pretty much I had to go super early or go after lunch.

Act quick ladies....let's get this going. :-)
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just looked and nothing open till after 12:30
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hey Becky, I really want to do the Warrior Dash. It's in Johnson Creek (where Dirty Girl was last year) on August 18th. My friend wanted me to do the Tough Mudder but I decided that is too hard. I think the Warrior Dash is tougher than Dirty Girl but not life-threatening like the Tough Mudder. If you're interested, friend me here and maybe we can meet up and do it. :)

http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_wisconsin.php
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year and the Tough Mudder. They were both challenging and a lot of fun. It's easier to run with a supportive group (especially the Mudder). I can't do the dirty girl but if you run the other runs let me know.
    I'm doing the Gladiator Assault Challenge on March 31st too....
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Tryst,my boss just sent me the link for the Gladiator today! I bowed out of joining because 1. I pulled my hamstring on 12/9 and it's still not up to par enough to train for it, and 2. I refuse to be outside unless it's warm. LOL

Good luck! !! Be sure to post and let us know how it goes!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the Warrior Dash in Johnosn Creek, its the same day as Dirty Girl this year, I had so much fun doing the WD for the 1st time last year that I choose it this year! I think I am in the 11 am wave :drinker:
  • jsc4him
    jsc4him Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The Dirty Girl is sold out for Sat. Aug 18th but I see they opened it up for Sunday!
  • BrendaS78
    BrendaS78 Posts: 28
    Options
    I live about 5 minutes into WI right on the MN border, so I signed up for the MN Dirty Girl! August 4th, still lots of spots open!!
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I signed up today for the Dirty Girl on 8/19. First time ever doing something like this and I've got some training to do!!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I can't decide between the Dirty Girl and the Warrior Dash. I've never done either so I'm wondering if I should do the DG first?
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    I can't decide between the Dirty Girl and the Warrior Dash. I've never done either so I'm wondering if I should do the DG first?

OMG - Warrior Dash looks hard!! (Maybe next year for me.) I like the beer at the end though.
  • jsc4him
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year and it was not that bad. I have not done the dirty girl so i can't compre them. My goal was not finish and not be the last. I acheived my goal . I was not able to do every obstacle but I tried and had a great time! The beer was good too!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Becky --- Did you end up deciding to do this? Are there still spots open? I was looking at races like this a few weeks ago, but never saw this threat till now. I'd love to do something like this if the opportunity is still there!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Becky --- Did you end up deciding to do this? Are there still spots open? I was looking at races like this a few weeks ago, but never saw this threat till now. I'd love to do something like this if the opportunity is still there!
  • gingersd
    gingersd Posts: 24
    Options
    In case you didn't get the e-mail from "Dirty Girl" for Aug 18 and 19th it has moved its location to Waukesha Expo center (county fair grounds)
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    How many of you are participating and what is your wave.

I'm on Aug 18th in wave 13.
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    Aug 19th, wave 22 at 1:30 pm.
  • jsc4him
    Options
    aug 18 wave 11
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    They opened up more spots on August 18th. My team is switching from the 19th to the 18th (wave 33 @ 4:15) so maybe I'll see some of you there!