Day 1

Options
taramoullet
taramoullet Posts: 15 Member
Hi,
Today was my first day starting Turbofire. I feel like a failure already! I am so out of shape. I could only finish part of it. I did 10 minutes out of the HIIT 15 and only 7 minutes out of the fire 30. Any advice for me? I followed alee and I was still just to tired to more. Couldnt jump or nothing lol....I feel pathetic. Sorry for the whinning just frustrated because I have no support from anyone around me so I am on my own.

Replies

• lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    Just keep at it, it will start to get easy the more you do it and learn the moves. It took me about two weeks to really get a feel for it. Have you tried to do the new to class first, that might help. Also when I first started out I didnt have all the moves down and I couldnt jump and was always out of breath, but I just kept going some times I jumped and sometimes I didnt. When you get tried take a break and just start where you left off. I promise it will get much easier
  • taramoullet
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. No I didnt try the starter one I just really wanted to start the actual program. Im slowly learning the moves and I am sure I will learn them soon. The difficulty is the out of breath, cant jump, feel like I keep hacking up a lung and my back actually starts to hurt. But as you said it will get easier.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! You just took the first step :) Keep pushing play and I promise it will get easier. You are going to be in the best shape of your life!
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Try to not get discouraged! If this seems a bit to hard you could always follow the prep schedule first (which is what I'm currently doing). You do not do a HIIT until week 7. Then when you finish the 9 week prep you start the full program.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to Turbo Fire!!! Do not get discouraged...and definitely do not feel like a failure. My advice to you would be to definitely do the breakdown video (new to class) and I would NOT start out with the HIIT classes. Try the Fire 30 tomorrow again.

"If you are moving, you are still burning calories and I love you"-Chalene

She always says that you just have to work YOUR hardest. Try not to worry about what you look like and just keep moving. If a tripple jab is tough, just do one. Try to modify it so that you can do at least some of it and by the end of week 1, you will be firing it up! Once you learn how she does the calls, you can focus on the moves and crank up the music and enjoy.

I hope that you stick with the program. I love it and it has changed my life and the way that I feel about exercising. Feel free to add me if you want some support :-)
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You are already doing amazing for PUSHING PLAY! I would recommend looking at the schedule instead of skipping around, and definitely doing "new to class" for at least the first few days. It really helped me. I look at how I can jump higher and go longer now than I ever did before, and i'm only on week 4! Dont get discouraged, it gets better with time!
  • taramoullet
    Options
    Thank you all you ladies for your supportive and inspiring replies. I will keep trying!
  • taramoullet
    Options
    BAH! I finished yesterdays class Fire30/stretch10 then today was first time doing fire 55EZ and of course couldnt do it. Did 10 minutes then had to sit for a while and did 7 minutes. This is definitely hard for someone who is really unfit lol. I will practice them for a while and just do what I can even if I cant finish because I know eventually I will be able to if I just keep trying.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to Turbo Fire!!! Do not get discouraged...and definitely do not feel like a failure. My advice to you would be to definitely do the breakdown video (new to class) and I would NOT start out with the HIIT classes. Try the Fire 30 tomorrow again.

"If you are moving, you are still burning calories and I love you"-Chalene

She always says that you just have to work YOUR hardest. Try not to worry about what you look like and just keep moving. If a tripple jab is tough, just do one. Try to modify it so that you can do at least some of it and by the end of week 1, you will be firing it up! Once you learn how she does the calls, you can focus on the moves and crank up the music and enjoy.

I hope that you stick with the program. I love it and it has changed my life and the way that I feel about exercising. Feel free to add me if you want some support :-)

This! Brooke knows her stuff, definitely stick with it!!! I remember finishing Fire 30 for the first time and she says "when you do a short workout, you can do something else too!" and thinking "there is no way that I could do anything else after doing this"...now I use Fire 30 as a warm up!! You'll be amazed how quickly you get better and in a few months you'll feel so great about yourself looking back.

We're all here to support you, one step at a time! Good luck!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    As long as you give your best, you can't ask for more. I would consider myself pretty fit and I had a few times at the beginning where I had to stop for a bit. Just keep at it and I am sure you will see improvement every time. Are you doing the high or low impact version? You can always take it low impact. Also start slow and build up with more intensity and keep hydrated...Ive had cramps before because I wasn't hydrated enough. Welcome to turbofire!