NSVs!

Options
Hey guys! I think it would be awesome if we all shared our Non Scale Victories in this thread as they happen. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers and here we can celebrate the little things that are making us happier and showing us that we're definitely getting healthier and fit(compliments, going down a jean size, etc).

I'll start!

I just came home for spring break and of course I got compliments from the fam but what was really awesome was trying on my prom dress from last May. It's strapless and as soon as I zipped it up it fell off my top! I'm not very well endowed and I never really have been but it's so weird just thinking how I was big enough all around to keep that dress up. If I were to dance it it now It would fall and stay at my hips. X) I definitely feel slimmer.

Replies

• ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    That's great!!! *^_^*
    My NSV today was that I jogged for 15 minutes straight! So excited!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    carcrsh: This is awesome :) Good for you.

My NSV is that I am able to run 8.5km.
    6 months ago I could not even run 45 seconds straight. I am really proud, and truly enjoy running.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    As one of my male MFP friends said to me....my new profile pic is definitely an NSV! Sure, I'll take his word for it. I don't necessarily see it though...but I completely feel it in my clothes. I know MFP is working for me.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Carcrsh...so happy for you. It would be an amazing feeling. Congrats.

All the runners...I live to be like you. I can't run...not yet at least....but I'd like to build up to it. You're my inspiration. Keep it up. I'm motivated by seeing your abilities to run. Congrats to you too.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Don't give up! You'll get there if you keep working for it! Heck, I'm not a "runner," but I started jogging out of nowhere.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went for a mile walk today with the dog took me just over 30 min to complete while walking kind got into my head I would like to try to maybe jog here sometime soon. Really have never really liked it much but maybe that is because it is difficult with the extra weight. But had my headphones on and it was a beautiful day and really put me into the mood to think about giving it a try even if it is just for a few minutes or seconds at a time to try and build up. My calves are really sore from
    hills they are really big and my dog is out of shape too he was a huffing and a puffing on the way back lol. Don't know if this really counts as a NSV but I like the feeling I had today while walking and thought I would post.
  • j6l3a1m3
    j6l3a1m3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have more energy and do not feel like I need a nap throughout the day
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine is that I ran about 3.5 miles yesterday non-stop. To the best of my knowledge this is the furthest I have ever run without having to stop to walk, and that's despite running for the school cross country team in my teens (back when I was skinny!). What's more, I was only supposed to do 3 miles - I was enjoying myself so much, it took the extra half mile(ish) to convince myself to stop! It was only a few weeks ago that I was struggling with the 3 minute intervals!

I've also had a few comments from people recently - I can't see much difference myself, but it must be showing, as a couple of months ago someone who I only see a couple of times a year actually made the effort to cross a fairly crowded room to ask if I'd lost weight.
  • cam_l20
    Options
    I have another! This morning I had run out of trousers to wear (they were either all in the wash or in desperate need of an iron and I was in a rush) so I picked up a pair of jeans from my "something to aim for" clothes pile... and they fit!!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cam_I20: Congratulations :) It is awesome. I too have a pair of pants that are too small for me. I am hoping to wear them soon.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I broke out some clothes that had been too small for at least 3 years, and they fit!!!! All except the 14's, but I'm getting close! My goal is to fit into any size 14 by the end of this challenge. :)
  • marshmallow8663
    Options
    I've had a couple NSVs lately :)

I'm down about 17 pounds since January 1st, and I've been getting compliments when I go to my hometown. It really feels good that other people are noticing, because I haven't noticed much change in myself yet. (Although I want to take some new pics soon to compare to my starting pics)

Last week, I was packing up some clothes that I don't wear as often (most because they are now too small), and I saw a pair of jeans that were my "fat jeans" but still uncomfortably tight last fall. I was about to throw them in the box, but figured I'd try them on, and THEY FIT!! :)

I'm not even 1/2 way to my goal weight yet, but these little things definitely help. Also, I don't know if anyone else does this, but I like to pick up things (weights, my roommate's cat, etc) that are equal to how much weight I've lost at that time, and feel how much extra weight I had been carrying around. It's crazy to actually hold what you lost!
  • cam_l20
    Options
    I had another NSV today. I was sat in the conference room at work doing some training. The chairs in there are the ones that are like cushioned school chairs with arms. I always struggle to sit in them - as soon as my bum hits the seat, my flab spreads out and presses against the arms of the chair causing me discomfort and sometimes even pain. Today I'd been sat in one of these chairs for about an hour when I suddenly realised that I was actually comfortable! My bum/thighs now only just touch the arms rather than squashing against them! :happy:
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Despite the scale not changing for the past few weeks I have recently received several compliments on how much better I look. My Mom said to me tonight that my body must be "redistributing" the weight because I looked great! :)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So I'm in the size 14's now...Yay! And I bought a pair of capris yesterday that are size 12! A little snug now, but not for long! Yahoo!
  • afrazier02
    afrazier02 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello Group---I just got the news from my cardiologist that I no longer need my high blood pressure medicine or my cholesterol medication. Also, I may no longer have sleep apnea....... I'm scheduled for a retest... thanks for all your support direct or indirect
    :smile: :wink: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: