The deets! =)

Options
SabKab16
SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
So, I am planning on doing p90x, along with some walking various times throughout the week. I'm just going to opt to walk instead of take the car whenever possible.

Here's what I'm thinking.....

We start p90X on April 18th, and weigh in once a week.

We weigh ourselves every Sunday, and report it back to this group!

So, first weigh in will be on April 22nd, and the last weigh in will be July 22nd!

Please feel free to give any feedback, recipes, tips, or any suggestions! =)

Good luck!

Replies

• hailie08
    hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ok so a friend of mine burnt me the p90x dvds last summer and i've never done them. This is the kick in the butt I need:)

I only have the workout dvds.....was there anything else with the program?
  • SabKab16
    Options
    Yes! There is just a "bring it" dvd, which just motivates you, and warns you, that this wont be easy. lol.

Also, there is a nutrition guide and recipes, which vary in the first, second, and third month. I have tried p90x before for just 11 days, and i def saw a difference in my body. However, I did not follow the nutrition guide... I just tried to eat healthy, and refrained from carbs at night time.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!! What version are you guys doing? Classic or lean?

I'm going to do the lean one
  • SabKab16
    Options
    I am doing the classic, and I will try to do some fast paced walking as well, instead of taking the car everywhere. Glad you joined! =)
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    I have started P90X twice this year...the first time I made it two weeks and then quit. I apparently have a tendency to sabotage myself. I was enjoying the workouts immensely (especially plyometrics!) but for some reason I simply quit doing them and I still don't understand why because even in as little as two weeks, I saw a difference in my biceps and thigh muscles....the second time, well I think it's safe to say there was never truly a second time because I got into my workout clothes, put the video in, poured a glass of wine then sat and watched the video.

I am in, let's do this.

Is it okay if I don't weigh in on Sundays but Mondays instead?
  • SabKab16
    Options
    Hey guys!

@ Country Girl - I know exactly how you feel. No matter how good your intentions are, it's easy to get off track.... It happens to the best of us. I'm glad you decided to try it again!
    And of course you can weigh in on Mondays... =)

Ok... Also.. I ordered Insanity, and will be receiving it tomorrow night... I haven't been exercising, bc some unexpected things with work and home came up, and it's been impossible. I know the plan was to start on April 18th, but I guess I will be officially starting on April 19th!
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    I am sans computer right now...but I burn it up at work, so Mondays will be weigh-in for me.
  • kikidutcher
    Options
    there is was a fitness schedule and nutrition guide that was included in my P90x stuff...... I can email; it to you if you'd like. :)
  • kikidutcher
    Options
    started p90x classic today.... did the chest and back and Ab ripper workout. I am finding it difficult to track the exercises on the exercise tracker because they don't have comparable exercises. any suggestions? it looks like I did a lot of pushups, sit ups, triceps extensions etc., but each exercise is a bit different. How do I track calories burned?
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    kikidutcher- if you are meaning you would email me this stuff, I would love that. Especially the nutrition plan. I am following 6 Week Body Makeover right now and I find it very hard to follow because I have to eat every two hours (at first that was a dream come true, lol. Now, stopping every two hours to eat is a hassle- maybe that is how it works??)! I got hand-me-down P90X dvds so I don't have anything but the dvds. You can send it here or you can send it to my yahoo at sybil_1970...
  • TimeToLoseBelly
    TimeToLoseBelly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI, I am mom of 15 month old boy.I have not exercised for past few months and started with 30 day shred yesterday.I would also like to try p90x from today but i am not sure how far i can do both.I did see the chest workout and i am little worried because i am not good in pushups..but i would start with my knee on.lets see.
  • MOPNB
    MOPNB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started it Monday, so I am a few days ahead. But also sore :) I am doing the Classic alongside my hubby.
  • kikidutcher
    Options
    countrygirlproud...... I tried to email it to you on here and through my yahoo account, but the files are too large. They are in PDF format. the fitness guide id 171 MB. I tried compressing the files but it didn't help much. the only other thing I can think to do is burn it on a CD and mail it. Do you have any ideas?
  • kikidutcher
    Options
    I recommend starting on your knees.... and don't feel bad if you can't finish all the reps at first. Just keep at it and you'll notice you can do more as time goes on. I know he says this a lot on the videos, but it's really important to write down what you do because in 2-3 weeks you'll look back and see that you are improving. Best of luck!
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    HI, I am mom of 15 month old boy.I have not exercised for past few months and started with 30 day shred yesterday.I would also like to try p90x from today but i am not sure how far i can do both.I did see the chest workout and i am little worried because i am not good in pushups..but i would start with my knee on.lets see.

If you are really interested in starting P90X, but are intimidated by it, I highly recommend the "Lean" version instead of the classic. Push-ups and chin-ups are by far my weakest point in my workout. I tried the "Classic" P90X and, with much chagrin as I admit this, quit after two weeks, didn't have the staying power. The lean version utilizes more of the cardio\yoga\kenpo aspect of P90X and eases you into all the push-ups and such. This time around I have started the lean version and though it is only Day 2 in Week 1 (not much to go on here) I think I am going to be able to stick with the program this time. Maybe do the classic routine after I get through this one??
    I don't know if I am supposed to post this link, what with piracy laws and such, but it is on the internet, so...

Worksheets are here: http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/cc742bc9-e285-4ec6-ac05-0f37feccb7ff

Lean schedule is here: http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/ (this tells a little bit about the different P90X schedules, they all use the classic P90X dvds, just switching it up a little bitt. Lean is geared more toward weight loss and toning than building muscles).
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited to join this group as I started the lean version of P90X yesterday!
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    I recommend starting on your knees.... and don't feel bad if you can't finish all the reps at first. Just keep at it and you'll notice you can do more as time goes on. I know he says this a lot on the videos, but it's really important to write down what you do because in 2-3 weeks you'll look back and see that you are improving. Best of luck!

And if anyone is up for some belly laughs, come watch me next time I do the Core Synergistic workout....Some of this stuff I couldn't do more than 5 and some of the exercises I am sure I looked like Martin Lawrence in his Big Momma suit trying to do squats!!!!!! Got through it though, wrote it down (laughing and wondering if I should lie to myself on the worksheet) and although 5 sure looked a pitiful number, I wrote it down, knowing in two or three weeks, maybe 20 or 25 would replace 5! WOOHOO :laugh:
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    countrygirlproud...... I tried to email it to you on here and through my yahoo account, but the files are too large. They are in PDF format. the fitness guide id 171 MB. I tried compressing the files but it didn't help much. the only other thing I can think to do is burn it on a CD and mail it. Do you have any ideas?

I would hate to ask you to do that! Not that I wouldn't want to give you my address or anything like that, I just would feel bad if you did that for me- I am a very odd person, lol.
    But, I have no ideas otherwise, either :wink:
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    countrygirlproud...fitness and nutrition guides can be found online if you google them. Workout traking sheets are available for download on beachbody's website
  • countrygirlproud
    Options
    countrygirlproud...fitness and nutrition guides can be found online if you google them. Workout traking sheets are available for download on beachbody's website

I have the worksheets and the schedule. But thank you for the nutrition guide advice! If I could get my eating under control I would be a happy person!!!!!