When do you do your Insanity?

Options
MaryinBflo
MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
I get up before the sun and start sometime btwn 5:30 and 6. This is the only time I'll do it. I go to work and have little kids so there is no way I can get it in any othe rtime and when they go to bed at night the last thing I want to do is insanity! I do sometimes go spinnig in the evenings but other than that I'm up at the crack of dawn.

What works for you? It's all about scheduling it into your day whenever works for you!

Replies

• sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do mine right when I get home from work (about 5-530p). Then dinner, homework, and relax for a bit before bed.
    My 5 1/2 year old spends my insanity time either at her grandma's house (she is just a few doors down from us), reading, drawing, or playing on the computer. Occasionally she will jump in and "work out" with me. lol
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I do mine at 4:30 am....I have to get my workouts done early or they won't get done! :)
  • Stacyfit37
    Options
    I usually get it done between 10 am and noon. All the kids are in school at that time.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    the only time i can is in the evenings. i work and my daughter is up early in the AM so no chance there. usually she is in bed by 8 so i do it then.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I haven't really started yet. I've done the fit test a few times to try to get myself ready for the full on workout, but I'm going to have to do mine in the mornings or it wont' get done.
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    The first week we did it at night after the kids went to bed (between 8:30 and 9:30 start) and I found myself having too much "energy" and being up to late. So week 2 and 3 we have done it at 5:00 am and that seems to work better for us. Kids are still in bed, nothing else to get in the way - and then I have the entire day to be energized.
  • proudmumof2tots
    proudmumof2tots Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have to do mine in the morning before the kids wake up or I won't get it done. So around 6 - 6:30 am. My oldest (4 yrs) keep waking up in the middle of my routine, so I think I need to start a bit earlier.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I do mine around 630 in the morning. On days I cant get it on I do it around 7 or 8 at night. But majority its first thing in the morning. That way I know how much food I can eat! :bigsmile:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I either do it in the morning if I am off or work evenings. Or I do it after work in the afternoon around 6...
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4 :15 am. After a cup of coffee and an email check. Too tired to talk myself out of it and then I have the rest of the day to enjoy.
  • healthygrl
    healthygrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who do your insanity as soon as you wake up...

What do you eat and or drink right before your workout? I'm looking for something that is quick to prepare and eat, and will be easy to digest.

Thanks!
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    I can't eat before I do Insanity, I almost threw up the last time I did. I use a pre workout drink right before I exercise & I drink a Recovery drink imediately after my workout. Solid food messes me up, I think it's just the intensity of Insanity.