What meal replacement shake... If any?

Options
wayneuk1
wayneuk1 Posts: 8 Member
Hello everyone,

I start work a few mornings a week at 4AM, I do tend to have a cerial before i leave but then I dont eat anything until around 1PM and when i do im very hungry and grab anything fast and easy on my way home from work and mostly thats not healthy, I then spend the afternoon feeling very hungry and often grab a bag of crisps or whatever else is lurking in my cupboards, again not healthy at all, then its a healthy or sometimes unhealthy dinner and then back to eating the odd rubbish snack in front of the tele until bedtime, so you see very unhealthy.

As my days are long I seem to spend more time feeling hungry and fall off my diet plans, so i was thinking about giving Slimfast shakes or similar a go. I tried them many years ago and found them to be disgusting and of no help to me. However friends now tell me they are rather tasty and help to give them the full up feeling, was wondering what peoples thoughts are about them and are there any alternatives too them, I noticed they can be somewhat expensive. I'm not wanting to do a Slimfast diet but if they help to stop me from feeling so hungry perhaps they may help me.

Appreciate any thoughts and comments.

Cheers

Wayne

Replies

• bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When they are on offer at Tesco I buy Slimfast shakes and stash them around the place (in the fridge, cupboard, car, at work) for when I've woken up too late to eat breakfast. I've found the only tasty(ish) ones are the coffee flavoured.
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I buy Wilkinson's own brand,they are cheaper & taste better than Slimfast(IMO) i have one for breakfast at around 8am & this normally fills me up until lunchtime,which is around 12pm.I've only tried the chocolate ones so far,they do them in single size cartons too,so you could buy a few different flavours to try them.they also do snack bars which maybe you could have 1 in between meals if you did hungry.hope this helps :smile:
  • wayneuk1
    wayneuk1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks people, I bought the Tesco own brand shake mix today, ill let you know if it tastes any good - Also had a ready made Slimfast strawberry shake today and it was really rather nice.

Any more suggestions?
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't find SlimFast shakes remotely filling. May be just me but when they leave you nearly as hungry afterwards I can't see the point
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I found the SlimFast shakes caused a lot of intestinal discomfort and wind. I'd prefer to have something like a tracker bar, or a Kelloggs special K bar, or even a graze box.