Universal Studios

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Come chat about the non-disney side of Florida travel!

It's too bad that Jaws is finished. I enjoyed the pure hoakiness of it all. Apparently there used to be a Mickey ear hat floating in the water by the ship wreck.... it had the name Michael written on it. Michael Eisner perhaps? The rivalry is supposed to be HUGE. Apparently a Michael embriodered Mickey ear hat is floating in the wreckage of the boat attacked by Dinosaurs on the Jurrasic Park Ride in Islands of Adventure. I'm not so sure that I appreciate that macabre sense of rivalry.

216 days!!

Replies

• lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We went to universal in 2010 to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it was jam packed full of people. But I am a HP fan so it was worth every min!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We have 2 days planned at Islands of Adventure just so that we can see everything in the wizarding world without running out of time for the rest of the park! I hope the crowds die down a bit by the time we go...
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wish I was going. Suprised the jaws attraction is not there??. Have fun
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We've picked 3 of the six retaurants we are planning to eat at at the Universal Studios area. We're for sure eating at the Three Broomsticks, Margaritaville and O'Brians. Any other suggestions?
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My BFF just got back from Universal/Islands of Adventure, she has been a few times since it open, went this past Sunday and said 30 min line was the longest she had to wait on any of them. Not sure when ur planning on going, but right now lines aren't too bad. As the summer months start in, it will get worse. Are you staying on premises? We did the Hard Rock once and Royal pacific as well. These hotels get you front of the line privileged on most rides, not the Harry Potter area, BUT it opens an hour early is you do stay of premises, so very short lines in the early AM. Even if your not, get there at opening and hit the BACK of the park first... this is where HP is located at. Most people will hit the front area first and work there way back. This is a tip to shorter lines in the early AM. You'll have fun no matter what. As you wait in line, it is designed to see lots of stuff in the line you'd miss if you were just flying through it and not having time to look. LOTS of stuff to take in if you are a big HP fan.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We aren't stay on US property, we're over at Disney. But we're going in October when lines are supposed to be less crazy. Thanks for all those tips! We are both looking forward to the Wizarding World of HP SO Much!!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We aren't stay on US property, we're over at Disney. But we're going in October when lines are supposed to be less crazy. Thanks for all those tips! We are both looking forward to the Wizarding World of HP SO Much!!

Feel free to ask me any Disney questions as I'm sort of a Disney expert. ;-)
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I visit WDW in Nov. I plan to visit Universal for a day as well. I'm reallly looking forward to the Hulk and Spider Man rides.