Introduce yourself here.

Well, this baby is brand new and I have no clue if there are ANY golfers or golf fans on MFP but there's only one way to find out.

My name is Will and I live in Ontario, Canada. It's almost winter time here now and my clubs have been put away for quite a while now. I didn't play but 9 rounds this year due to moving into a new house. Now that I think about it, I've not played more than 10 rounds in a single season since 2004, save 2009 when I got a membership for the season.

When I do play a lot I can bat it around fairly Ok. In 2009 my handicap ranged from 3.1 at the start of the season to 1.3 at the end. A short stretch in the middle where it was 0.8. Nothing worth bragging about but it's the only thing I'm half decent at any more.

One of these days I'd like to marry some improved with a season where I enjoyed a full membership so I could play every day and try to put together some low numbers. It's probably not in the cards but I can dream.

Replies

• LBrunoVO
    LBrunoVO Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Will... I'm an avid newer golfer here on Long Island, NY and ever since I took my first lesson 3 1/2 years ago, I've been addicted. Luckily it s still in the 50's here so I'm taking advantage of a playing lesson on Sunday. We are having a nice long Fall this year. I'm now playing 18 holes when I go out, but only recently have I broken 100 so I'm afraid I'm way off from your abilities! Nonetheless, I worship the game and have already bought my tickets for the Barclays FedEx Cup which is happening in my backyard of Bethpage Black next August. In the meantime, we can commiserate on missing golf for awhile :sad:
    Linda
  • Linda, it would be great to see the tour at the black again. That course seemed like a monster from the tee boxes they played last time.
  • LBrunoVO
    LBrunoVO Posts: 10 Member
    I actually love watching them transform the course all the months prior. And they let the knee high stuff grow on many of the holes. Love the fact that it's a public course too. It's a beauty!
  • pcgunter
    pcgunter Posts: 63 Member
    Howdy! I live in Texas and have been playing golf since I was 12 years old. Won district 3 out of my 4 years while playing in highschool (2nd my freshman year). Played 4 years of college golf at a small DIII college called TLU. Worked for several golf courses and retail shops before starting my real career and starting a family (currently have 2 little ones). The past 10 months I've played less than 15 times which is crazy considering I played at least 100 rounds/yr since I picked up the game. I'm still an avid golfer and actually in the process of getting my own local golf tour going.

I started using MFP in early December and have lost over 14 lbs so far and have started training for my 1st official 5K event! I'm looking forward to getting in better shape which hopefully will help out the golf, too! Nice to meet everyone!!!
  • bertrandgolf
    bertrandgolf Posts: 1 Member
    I am a PGA Golf Professional living and working in Germany.
  • Giospro
    Giospro Posts: 2 Member
    I'm a golf touring professional-National Pro Golf Tours and prepairing for the Champains Tour in 2 more yours (I'm 48 yrs old) and been golfing for 20 yrs and a teaching pro since 1996 to 2011.
    My wife uncle Bruce Summerhayes got me into golf and loved it ever since.