What's your favorite exercise?

Options
I think mine is bicycling. I'm trying to get into jogging but it's just not as fun. How about you? :)

Replies

• VinVenture
    VinVenture Posts: 290
    Options
    Weight lifting. If you want more specific, bench press has become my new favourite. Second to that is dips, but I'm horribly weak at those. Can only do two after proper warm up.
  • Jackswastedcalories
    Options
    Definitely swimming. I'm so excited spring/summer weather is here! :)
  • Katalysts
    Katalysts Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds fun. I should look into going to my schools gym and trying some weight lifting- I have a feeling I will be horrible at it, though, haha. I need to figure out some sort of upper body workout, though.
  • Katalysts
    Katalysts Posts: 11
    Options
    That's awesome- I hear swimming is so good for you!
  • mysterycookie
    mysterycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really like running because I get a sense of accomplishment from doing it.

As far as calorie burning, my favorite is the elliptical. Super easy and I never feel sore from a good 30-45min workout.
  • osteriche
    Options
    Muay Thai is my favourite. It's the best way to relieve stress, plus you get a great workout. I also love going on a good run every so often.
  • Exene123
    Exene123 Posts: 6
    Options
    I enjoy hooping. My tip of the hat to runners though!!
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Distance running, when my body lets me. It's an addiction.
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Squats, bench, dead lift, ohp for lifting. Cardio is now Insanity, can't get enough of it!
  • cowgod
    cowgod Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't exercise at all, which is why I signed up for this website. I want to try the Couch-to-5k running program.
  • nouse4aname68
    nouse4aname68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It isn't the "best" exercise, but the most fun. Here's what I do:

I don't have a lot of free time, with work and a fiance and wedding planning. So I get torn easily between being able to relax and play video games and doing my daily work out. So here's what I do. I play CoD (I enjoy it, so sue me), but I work out in between rounds. At first I just ran the elliptical during loading times, but as I got more active, I started doing jumping jacks equal to the number of deaths in the previous round. Now I have several rules:

1 push up for every death over the number of kills I had
    1 sit up for every 2 deaths
    1 jumping jack for every death
    then I run on the elliptical until the next game has started.

I do this for about 2 hours or so, and it gets a good sweat built up. And I'm having fun.
  • valerieknox
    valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Boxing. Even just on the sack alone. I'm so sad my current gym doesn't have one :( I think it's amazing exercise. It exercises cardio like crazy, yet still builds muscles in the arms. I do some air-boxing with some weights sometimes, but it's not the same thing..
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Jogging sucks, bicycling forevah! Love my daily 10mi round trip commute.

I also started kettlebell classes this week. Woo daily deal sites. Five weeks of three times a week... one down so far. Really enjoying it thus far, but classes are so expensive I don't think I'll continue when it expires.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Running! It has been 3 years since I started c25k and I am pretty hooked at this point
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hiking uphill (around 1500 ft) has been working pretty well for me. Much better than just walking on a treadmill.

The rainy season is starting to make it tougher though. Cold, wet, and dark, not as much fun. But Im still driven to get it done.

Ill have to find an alternative exercise that I can enjoy during the coming winter...
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Walking. Just plain walking.