Introduction. :)

Options
My name is Sandie. I have three wonderful boys. My oldest is 10 almost 11, he is from my previous marriage but my fiance takes great care of him. My second child will be 6 this week, he has autism....Its mild...Still in the process of diagnosing what type of autism. My youngest who is four has a speach problem and dr says he may be bipolor. Well these are my kids. My fiance and I have been together for 7 years. We have been engaged once before and had a bad spot in our relationship and seperated...WEll he asked me to marry him agian on my birthday...SO sweet. We are getting married on his grandmothers birthday. JUNE 14, 2012. I am so excited. I am currently 200 lbs. I started MFP in December and have lost 7 lbs. I would like to be down 15 lbs when I go dress shopping on March 6th.

Congratulations to all the brides to be....Please feel free to add me.

Btw I am a stay at home mom.....Currently in College.

:smile: :happy:

Replies

• Sandie303
    Options
    Anyone in this group????
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - hope some of you keep posting. I'd love the motivation! I'm getting married in April and would like to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm 5'2" so that is quite a bit of weight. I was down 10 lbs about 2 years ago and would like to get back there. My biggest problems are my arms (yuck - pretty flabby), poochy belly and jiggly butt. I've been plateauing the past couple weeks and have been getting frustrated. I'm still going to keep trying though!!! I really want to be happy and confident on my wedding and honeymoon, and I don't want to cringe when I look at pictures. I waited to go dress shopping last fall until I lost some weight and lost 5 lbs - I haven't gained that back so I am happy, but I'd really like to lose at least 10 more. Good luck to all of the 2012 brides!!!
  • ogmama12
    ogmama12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi to all & best wishes all around! I've been wanting to get fit for awhile, but getting married was a great motivator! (has anyone else experienced this thing where once you say you're a bride any weird, strict, crazy diet is suddenly acceptable?) After trying on dresses (omg, my arms are huge! why did I let myself go!?), I really got serious about losing weight.
    I want to feel beautiful on the big day (I almost never feel beautiful) and I want to took great in my dress. It's really tough sometime to make myself work out, but I'm doing it anyway.
    I want to lose another 20 lbs (43 total) and tone up my arms and rear. We plan to do Paris for the honeymoon and I'd love to get some chic outfits while I'm there! I'm really lovin' the support I get on MFP ands the support I can give. :flowerforyou:
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hell all. My name is Magen and I am getting married in July. I started to my weight loss journey in January 2011 and since then I have lost 68 pounds. I would like to drop another 10 by the wedding and try to tone my stomach more (which I think is going to be hardest for me).

My fiance and I are having a destination wedding in Jamaica and my motivation and goal for the past year was to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit in Jamaica (I cant wait).

congrats to everyone
  • ejohnson8412
    Options
    Hi to all & best wishes all around! I've been wanting to get fit for awhile, but getting married was a great motivator! (has anyone else experienced this thing where once you say you're a bride any weird, strict, crazy diet is suddenly acceptable?) After trying on dresses (omg, my arms are huge! why did I let myself go!?), I really got serious about losing weight.
    I want to feel beautiful on the big day (I almost never feel beautiful) and I want to took great in my dress. It's really tough sometime to make myself work out, but I'm doing it anyway.
    I want to lose another 20 lbs (43 total) and tone up my arms and rear. We plan to do Paris for the honeymoon and I'd love to get some chic outfits while I'm there! I'm really lovin' the support I get on MFP ands the support I can give. :flowerforyou:

Hello, I am understand everything you are going through, I have been wanting to lose weight for some time now, but the wedding had been the biggest motivation! Good luck to you, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ejohnson8412
    Options
    Hello, name name is Erin and I am getting married in August. I want to lose about 20lbs and tone up my arms and abs before the big day. I also need to work on my diet, I LOVE SWEETS!! they are my biggest weakness. I go to school full time so its pretty hard trying to plan a wedding, keep up on school work and trying to lose weight. I have recently joined a gym and I am going 3-4 times a day and doing good sticking with it so far. Look forward to sharing stories with everyone! GOOD LUCK and feel free to add me!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Briana and I'm getting married on April 29th! It's coming fast. :) I'm not really trying to lose any weight right now, but I definitely can't gain any, that's for sure! I wouldn't mind continuing to tone up, and it certainly won't kill me to lose 5 pounds (any more and I might have some issues with my dress).

Nice to see this board! Sorry I'm slow in coming around :)
  • ejohnson8412
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Briana and I'm getting married on April 29th! It's coming fast. :) I'm not really trying to lose any weight right now, but I definitely can't gain any, that's for sure! I wouldn't mind continuing to tone up, and it certainly won't kill me to lose 5 pounds (any more and I might have some issues with my dress).

Nice to see this board! Sorry I'm slow in coming around :)

Welcome and good luck on your weight maintaining.
  • janvon
    janvon Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I have just started using MFP. My wedding is in 6 months. THE dress is in the closet.
    It fits me now but really want to get it altered in a few months down to a smaller size!
    I am not only doing this for the wedding but for long term too. The wedding is just a
    really good reason to start.
  • janvon
    janvon Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel your pain. I work and am in my second semester of nursing school. When am I supposed to plan a wedding? But it is almost done.
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin Pickering. My fiance is Cesar Montecristo. We've been together 3 years and 3 months and are getting married in a little less than four months. I really want to drop 40-50 pounds by the wedding and think I can do it - but I have to be hardcore and have the eye of the tiger :)
  • Raeca89
    Raeca89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, I really hear you guys!

I'm Rae and my fiance Seth and I have been dating for 4 1/2 years! High School Sweethearts <3 Our wedding will be on December 1, 2012, our 5th anniversary :D

I'm a full-time student so I know exactly what it's like to try to lose weight while keeping up with schoolwork AND wedding planning! Exhausting! On top of that, since I'm graduating in 2 WEEKS (YAY!) I'm also looking for my first job for after graduation. Phew. I've always wanted to lose a bit of weight and have tried on my own in the past but never could seem to keep up with it! The Wedding is a perfect fire under my butt, especially since I got my wedding dress off the clearance rack and it is just a *bit* too small. It has a corset laced back and I'm hoping to get from fully extended open to as tightly closed as possible :P

I'm SO glad to have found MFP and with the really easy system, I've already lost 16 pounds in 3 months :D