Vegetarian or eating clean meats?

Options
I have gone threw many different diets threw my walk. Started eating clean , went vegetarian , tried vegan , but now back to vegetarian. How about you?

Replies

• itzalboutme
    Options
    Hi,

I'm very new to myfitnesspal so still trying to figure out how to do things on here. My favourite food is vegetarian however i dont always eat it. Not really a good vegetarian cook although i'd like to learn. Maybe you can give me some good tips :happy: I've just started working out and eating better then what i was before. Its been 5 days now so early days yet :happy:
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I eat not the best veg diet but I manage lol. Eating out we eat a lot of more ethnic foods like Italian, Indian, mexican , Chinese , ect they usually offer good choices that are meat free or they can leave the meat out. At home I use the meat substitutes like the ones from morning star. I suggest looking for some cook books or try to find some on the internet. I checked out one called hungrygirl.com that has a lot of diet foods and she has a lot that use veggi meat too. Not all are veg but you can modify most. Good luck!
  • itzalboutme
    Options
    Hey there, love ethnic foods too will have a look online and the site you gave and see what they have. I'm not into meat in a big way just now and then i like fish but will have a look for substitutes. Thanks for the infor.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a veggie 99% of the time some years back and went for weeks even months without meat.

These days I'm looking to cut out red meat and even dairy. I will eat what is in my freezer and fridge though first.
  • hypersensitiveb
    Options
    Yeah it's not cool to waste all the food so eating what you still have is a good idea. What kept you from being veg 100% of the time? Also what turned you back to meat? Just curious.
  • BlueBaron37
    Options
    Well back then I was a lot more spritial in commitment tbh and I would only get Kosher meat. I was following the biblical laws very closely. So because of where I lived it was hard to get hold of Kosher meat so I was veggie 99% of time.

These days I have very little time on my hands and things are a lot harder for me.
  • hypersensitiveb
    Options
    Yeah I can understand it is easier to find veg food than clean meat. But one thing that concerns me is you said you less spiritual now. Time is getting short we really need to cling to our faith more now than ever. I know its hard and the devil can make every distraction to pull us away . I'm sure you know there will be a shaking before the end and many will be lost hold on for your life. Find the time to pray and read your bible stay close to God. I wish you all the best.
  • BlueBaron37
    Options
    Of course your right, but due to debt and other pressures I created myself I'm in a bit of a spot. Yesthe devil has played me and like a moron I allowed it.
  • hypersensitiveb
    Options
    I will keep you in prayer that God opens a door that you can escape the troubles your in and be able to follow him more closely. God Bless
  • redlane65
    redlane65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a total vegetarian (I would say vegan but I still have leather belts and shoes). I have a great wife that cooks food that you would not believe. 4 years ago when we went "vegan," I ate too much of the good things and slowly gained 50 pounds. I have over half of that gone since Dec of 13. I say this only to emphasis that too much of a good thing is still too much!! :laugh: