What junk food do you miss?

scloyd
scloyd Posts: 327 Member
There are some junk food items I miss more than others. I really miss Hostess Suzy Q's, Twinkies, Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs. I haven't eaten any Hostess products since I started MFP (Feb 6, 2012).

I try to avoid that aisle at the grocery store. So this morning I walk into WalMart and there is a huge Hostess display right up front by the check out registers. I held my ground and just kept walking.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Apple Fritters, I know i could work one in but I am not ready to test my willpower that strong, One always leads to many more.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    unfortunately I am missing grease in general. Chili cheese fries, giant fast food burgers, onion rings from the Varsity, etc.
  • chesh1520
    chesh1520 Posts: 21 Member
    Pizza and chicken wings are the two biggies for me. The sweets have been surprisingly easy for me. But dang I love pizza. Just not worth a thousand calories, though!
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Pizza and ice cream....now I'm hungry :-)
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    I don't think I miss anything in particular, but I have stopped eating it all the time. Once a month or so i will get a craving for Hot chip or Oportos (Portugese.Chichen burger Nom nom nom) and i will have some, the craving has been fed. I work it into my eating budget, it is not too big a deal. The biggest change was going from having take away and fast food almost once a day to once or twice a month. It is the junk snacks i miss, a bag of chips, M&Ms, milkshakes and cupcake mix.
    The damn kids have left a couple of buckets of Betty Crocket icing in the fridge and then gone away for two weeks , it is my kryptonite. I must throw it out but i hate to waste.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    BBQ ribs. .omg
  • I miss the Chicken Tikka and Prawn Masala Hot 9/10 takeaway junk food......But last night had an eat in at a friends Birthday....Steve D'Arcy.....Told him abot MFP and he has agreed to join site and just monitor his eating habits - Think we are at the same weight at the moment.

But as drive by Junk Food....Its gotta be the Big Mac! (Yeah there...I said it...I have eaten the Big Mac; sometime with Go Large Meal.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    There is a Diablo Calamari that is fantastic but floats in oil - calorie count is off the map! I do miss chicken wings but have been doing a box at home when 3 or more friends come over so i'm only able to have 3 or 4. I have swapped mussels for chicken wings and i am finding that good as well - the whole take it apart from the shell thing. Hands on food!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    I really don't miss a whole lot with the junk food. I never really had a sweet tooth. I would say the biggest thing I miss is deep fried food, but I can still do that on occasion when I have exercised enough. I try not to be a purist about much of anything, it certainly takes the pain out of this process.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    I do like ice cream and particularly fond of the Dairy Queen (DQ) Blizzard and brownies. However, I don't crave anything anymore.

I can't say that I really miss any junk food.
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Apple Fritters, I know i could work one in but I am not ready to test my willpower that strong, One always leads to many more.

These were my goto, almost everyday. I had no clue until I started that they were like 450 cals. Boom. Haven't had one since.

Also Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

I do have wings about once a month. I make them fit.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member

These were my goto, almost everyday. I had no clue until I started that they were like 450 cals. Boom. Haven't had one since.

Also Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

I do have wings about once a month. I make them fit.

I hear ya man, as far as Ice cream, i get my fix thanks to skinny cow, it has kept me honest for awhile now
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    I would agree that Ice Cream has been my downfall as well. I just have to eat less of it and eat it less often. Also Bugles snacks are my achilles heel! I could sit donw and eat the whole darn bag in 1 sitting!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    I could sit down and eat the whole darn bag in 1 sitting!

I was that way with Hostess Suzy Q's. I would by a box and eat the whole box within 24 hours. I still crave them, but only when I see them on display at the store. I stay way, far away.
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    I could sit down and eat the whole darn bag in 1 sitting!

I was that way with Hostess Suzy Q's. I would by a box and eat the whole box within 24 hours. I still crave them, but only when I see them on display at the store. I stay way, far away.

Way to go man!! Stay strong!
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Chinese food and Blizzards from DQ. Blizzards are hard to work in the calorie goal because they have nearly 1,000 calories or more. And Chinese would be better if I could find a way to figure my calories. Oh well. It will be worth it in the end.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Chinese food and Blizzards from DQ. Blizzards are hard to work in the calorie goal because they have nearly 1,000 calories or more. And Chinese would be better if I could find a way to figure my calories. Oh well. It will be worth it in the end.

I love the Chinese food too. Unfortunately it is usually very high in sodium and sugar for me.
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member

I love the Chinese food too. Unfortunately it is usually very high in sodium and sugar for me.

Anyone have any ideas for healthy chinese food that resembles the evil stuff?