Dinner/Drinks TONIGHT

Options
Hey pals :)

So I was thinking it would be fun for a group of us to get together enjoy some food and a few drinks together and get to know each other outside of the internet.

I thought maybe somewhere simple like Flannigans or Ale House would work best since they have a large variety of things and multiple locations. But there are also other options that cater to funstuff like Yardhouse in Coral Gables or Fado Irish Pub in Brickell (both of which have paid parking)...

Flannigans also has 50% off drinks after 9pm.

What are your thoughts? Opinions? I was thinking of meeting up around 8ish??

Please let me know. Post here. Lets get together...not to mention I know a few of us TOTALLY need some de-stress time!

Replies

• MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i'm so excited to do this! I don't know any of these restaurants you mention but I'm not a picky eater at all and love all kinds of food, so whatever is easiest for everyone and a way to get most people there gets my vote.
    And who doesn't love 50% off drinks!!

Thanks for organizing this!!!
  • _Shelley_
    _Shelley_ Posts: 206
    Options
    i'm so excited to do this! I don't know any of these restaurants you mention but I'm not a picky eater at all and love all kinds of food, so whatever is easiest for everyone and a way to get most people there gets my vote.
    And who doesn't love 50% off drinks!!

Thanks for organizing this!!!

If it just ends up being a few of us, that works for me!

And if you want to, if it's easier, you can meet me here at my apartment and park your car here and ride with me. I live between you and where Secret is. I hope more people want to come but either way I know we will have fun :)
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Just tell me when/where and I'll be there. :drinker: Shelley, I'm gonna PM you with my phone number so we can use texting for details.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm beyond mad. When it comes about drinking everyone wants to get together, but when I organize the workouts, no one can :grumble: LOL

Just kidding :bigsmile: I'll PM all of you except azure with my phone number LOL
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Yass, we want to work out but mother nature doesn't allow for it! Mother nature always allows for drinks :)
  • MissVCI
    Options
    I'm beyond mad. When it comes about drinking everyone wants to get together, but when I organize the workouts, no one can :grumble: LOL

Just kidding :bigsmile: I'll PM all of you except azure with my phone number LOL

If you planned workout during the evening maybe it would be better. People tend to like to sleep in on the weekends, or some lucky souls are stuck getting up at 9AM for a Saturday class.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Yass, we want to work out but mother nature doesn't allow for it! Mother nature always allows for drinks :)

LOL sure. Mother nature is an alcoholic now LMAO
  • YassSpartan
    Options

If you planned workout during the evening maybe it would be better. People tend to like to sleep in on the weekends, or some lucky souls are stuck getting up at 9AM for a Saturday class.

I can plan one for the evening, but usually (except for today) evenings is when it can get rainy :P
  • MissVCI
    Options

If it just ends up being a few of us, that works for me!

And if you want to, if it's easier, you can meet me here at my apartment and park your car here and ride with me. I live between you and where Secret is. I hope more people want to come but either way I know we will have fun :)

I like that idea, you can PM your address and carpool to the restaurant together. I love carpooling.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    There's a Flannigan's on (Galloway) 87th and NW12th.
    And one down on Kendall Drive. I realize Yass lives the furthest from all of us but I think the Doral one is most that's located closest to everyone? However, the parking there sucks so you might have to park across the street by the Chili's/Walmart. Which will suck if it's still raining...

The one down on Kendall is in a strip mall type thing so the parking there is a bit better.

Is Flannigans ok with everyone?
    What time? Which locations, if yes? How many of us? Right now, I have 5. Myself, Yass, V, Iv, and Azure (who's real name I don't know lol)

I can call and make a reservation and if there are more people than they can squeeze in :)
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I vote for the Flanni's in Doral. The one in Kendall gets insanely busy. I"m flexible on the time.

Oh...and my real-life name is Beth
  • JuleszFit
    Options

LOL sure. Mother nature is an alcoholic now LMAO

Well you can't have alcohol w/o Mother nature soo.... LMAO
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    They dont take reservations so I'm going to try and get there around 830. Anyone is welcome to come. It'll be at the Doral flannigans.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    DAMN IT I MISSED ANOTHER EVENT! How did this turn out?
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Let's plan another one! Maybe in mid or late August?